7 replies to this topic

#1 The-Other-Fella

The-Other-Fella

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:37 AM

Hello,
In the early spring of 1970, I was a very lucky fella! While stationed at NSGA Bremerhaven, Germany, I was granted a few days of R&R and took a very scenic train ride through Germany to Zurich, Switzerland. I seized upon the opportunity to visit Mt. Schilthorn and take the multiple gondola rides to Piz Gloria. If you would like to see the photos (slides) that I took while atop Mt. Schilthorn, here is the link:

http://pizgloria.ch.tf

ENJOY! (Please take a momment to send me your thoughts or comments.)

Thank you!
The-Other-Fella

#2 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

That is really awesome, thanks for sharing. Of all of the Bond locations, Piz Gloria is the one that I most desire to visit in my lifetime.

#3 The-Other-Fella

The-Other-Fella

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

I hope you will get to visit Mt. Schilthorn someday. Out of all the places that I have been to in my life, Piz Gloria is the most exciting and memorable. I couldn't believe that I was actually walking around where George Lazenby, Diana Rigg and Telly Savalas were working just a year (or so) before. I would have loved to be part of the crew that worked on the filming of OHMSS.

#4 Col. Sun

Col. Sun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

I hope you will get to visit Mt. Schilthorn someday. Out of all the places that I have been to in my life, Piz Gloria is the most exciting and memorable. I couldn't believe that I was actually walking around where George Lazenby, Diana Rigg and Telly Savalas were working just a year (or so) before. I would have loved to be part of the crew that worked on the filming of OHMSS.

Great stuff, mate.

As OHMSS is my top Bond film ever, plus was the 1st Bond film I ever saw in the cinema - 1970 aged 6 - it has a very special place in my heart - and your marvelous pics really bring that home.

May thx.

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

Sensational! Thank you for sharing these.

#6 clublos

clublos

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

#7 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:08 PM

The link does not work for me :confused:

#8 J B

J B

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

As I'm interested in what Piz Gloria or Schilthorn actually looked like shortly after the film, I tried the link and it doesn't work for me either.

Edited by J B, 18 April 2011 - 04:37 AM.