This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Are the RB compilation books worth buying, just for the 3 shorts?

3 replies to this topic

#1 SILVERTOE

SILVERTOE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts
  • Location:Near where Bond's Bentley was destroyed in GOLDFINGER

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

I had a lot of trouble getting the 6 original RAYMOND BESON JAMES BOND NOVELS, due to their limited print run here in the UK, and due to the over the top prices in the second hand market, I had to buy them as hardback ex-libary books from America, which only and I don't think i paid any more then £1 for each of them. I have now seen that all 6 books have been re-released in 2 compilation novels, and they inckude the 3 short stories, that i have never read, my question to is, IS IT WORTH ME BUYING THEM, just for the 3 short stories?

Many Thanks in Adavance!

#2 Jump James

Jump James

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

I had a lot of trouble getting the 6 original RAYMOND BESON JAMES BOND NOVELS, due to their limited print run here in the UK, and due to the over the top prices in the second hand market, I had to buy them as hardback ex-libary books from America, which only and I don't think i paid any more then £1 for each of them. I have now seen that all 6 books have been re-released in 2 compilation novels, and they inckude the 3 short stories, that i have never read, my question to is, IS IT WORTH ME BUYING THEM, just for the 3 short stories?

Many Thanks in Adavance!

If your a James Bond I would say they are. Good prices for them on Amazon also. Only downside is they are quite big and flimsy. But for the price who cares.

#3 SILVERTOE

SILVERTOE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts
  • Location:Near where Bond's Bentley was destroyed in GOLDFINGER

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for the advice, i guessed they would be quite flimsy, being paper backs, another thing is, i take it they are written in British English, not American English, like the RAYMOND BENSON Libary books i have? I was not able to find a british copy of COLD for a sensibakle price either, so about 8 years ago or so, bought a brand new paperback American version COLD FALL, so had to put up with "COLOR, AUTOMOBILE and SIDEWALK" ect......

#4 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

am disappointed that "choice of weapons" has not gotten a hardback edition as "the union trilogy" did. guess i will have to settle for the paperback edition of that one.