#1 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

https://www.surveymo...com/s/bondgames

Yeah I know I shouldn't be giving the above site any attention, but since I already took part in the survey I didn't want to click the link again. It's actually a pretty solid set of questions, with a box at the end that will allow you to type your own thoughts regarding the future of Bond gaming. Hopefully Activision actually applies some of the feedback to it's products.

#2 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:11 AM

Thanks for the link. This might give some interesting insights into what they're considering doing-

-The first set of questions is based around multiplayer, and whether you want to see it in a Bond game. Personally I indicated I preferred a strong single player game.

-Then they ask which Bond films have you seen or heard of, and then it asks what are your five favorite Bond films, and then it does the same with all the villains. So this seems to suggest they're considering doing a game based on an older film. CBN members probably aren't going to be very helpful here as we've seen and heard of them all!
Though maybe if everyone at CBN only ticks the 'Octopussy' box, who knows, in 18 months we could be hearing Sir Rog's dulcet tones as we pull the left trigger to put on a clown suit.

#3 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:09 AM

I trust the intent of this survey as far as I can throw it. And since it is an online intangible series of ones and zeros, I cannot throw it anywhere.

Yet I filled it out. Nicely played Activision.

#4 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:26 AM

I wonder why they even made a survey for a bond game? Seems very odd that they did this. What do they have planned? is it a sinister plot.....

#5 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

They did this before - prior to Rogue Agent. Don't have a link/reference, but it feels like the exact same questionnaire. I was perhaps overly scathing, but only with good intentions.

#6 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:23 AM

I think the most interesting question was whether we would mind a single player campaign that did not follow a coherent story line. That's an odd question.

#7 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

Filled in as much as I could. Basically everything.

I wonder what Activision are planning. Exciting.

#8 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

Very, no doubt they're planning something for the 50th. I too emphasized a stronger single player campaign. If we want top notch mulitplayer we will always have COD. I want a Bond adventure. Hope we hear something soon.

#9 Melancholy Productions

Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

Very, no doubt they're planning something for the 50th. I too emphasized a stronger single player campaign. If we want top notch mulitplayer we will always have COD. I want a Bond adventure. Hope we hear something soon.

Good Job Matt_13, I also said almost word for word the same thing. We'd get so much more out of a Bond game if emphasis was placed on single player rather than the haphazard juggling of average single player campaign and very average multiplayer. I have absolutely no issues with dropping multiplayer altogether, although these days it seems to be a necessity for many people who purchase games.

#10 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:31 AM

Chances are that wasn't even an Activision survey. Anyone could have created that exact survey, from that exact website.