16 replies to this topic

#1 solitaire

solitaire

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 05:06 PM

I found this great news (if really true) on the Dark Horizons site.

Bond 21: Pierce Brosnan finally confirmed to Variety that "The invitation has been accepted" for him to do a fifth film as the one and only 007.

http://darkhorizons.com

#2 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:02 PM

Was there any doubt? I always figured he'd come back, but there were a few people who figured DAD would be his final film. Hell EW is announcing DAD as his final film, but what do they know, they dont much like Bond anyways.

#3 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:10 PM

This was confirmed a while back and I believe the contract he signed extended his role for one more film, definite, and one other, optional. He'll take, you can count on it.

#4 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:19 PM

Good show! If it comes out in '05, that'll be a decade of Pierce as 007 with 5 in a row (matching Connery's initial stint).

He'll be 52 by the time it's released and then (I think) it will be time to hand in the P-99 and turn over the keys to the Vanquish.

I think we all knew he'd do Bond 21. Still, good to have it as solid news.

#5 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:45 PM

I've got another theory: Bond 21 is due to be out in 2004, because after that movie they have to search for a new Bond actor. Which could have his first appearance in 2007 :)

#6 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:52 PM

How about this theory. Bond21 comes out in 2004. Then Pierce's last film will be in 2007 A media event. :)

#7 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 10:47 PM

The press conference in Jan confirmed he's doing Bond 21. He said that he'd just signed a new contract with them to do 21.

#8 General Gogol

General Gogol

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 01:46 AM

This is indeed good news. Does anyone have any ideas on what the next Bond adventure will be about. Have a great day

#9 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 06 November 2002 - 01:58 AM

We have confirmation even before Die Another Day is out. Has that happened before? Roger always seemed to hold out seemingly just before the next Bond went into production before signing on the dotted line.

This early confirmation (therefore hinting of an earlier than expected production start date?) tends to back up those theories that 21 will be out well before the 3 year break, say 2004, so that 22 can be out in 2007.

#10 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 01:17 PM

Originally posted by Blofeld's Cat
We have confirmation even before Die Another Day is out. Has that happened before? Roger always seemed to hold out seemingly just before the next Bond went into production before signing on the dotted line.

It happened when Octopussy was about to be released and Moore confirmed that he would be back for the final time in AVTAK.

#11 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 04:20 PM

Heh, the one time nobody wanted Moore back was the only time he said for sure he would be back. I love the irony in that :)

P.S.- That is not meant as an attack on AVTAK, just that a lot of people feel that way...I dont though.

#12 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 04:57 PM

More of the same, then?

Perhaps that should read "Moore" of the same.

#13 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 05:07 PM

On the short Entertainment Tonight segment last night, Brosnan said something about it was time to work on a contract, with a somewhat sly smile. So even though he may have mentioned he was interested in coming back, there may not have been anything confirmed for sure. Probably just the option and he wanted to confirm it. Good publicity for DAD, though.

#14 daman3755

daman3755

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 08:50 PM

Well of course Pierce Brosnan will be back for a fifth film as James Bond. Think of it this way. DAD has a budget of near $140 million dollars. I read this in TV Guide today. Isn't that total huge? Anyway, it'll make near its budget back I feel, which'll lead the crew to resign Brosnan, David Tatterstall, Christian Wagner, and Lee Tamahori.

Why? Hmm, I think of it this way. How comes Falco will be in the next Bond film? It has to tie in somehow. With Brosnan making his final appearence in B21, it'll wrap up whatever Falco is doing there. I'm saying 2004 as the release date because obviously they'll want it done before Pierce gets too old. 49 now, 51 in two years.

Then in 2005 we have EON doing their Bond search. I can see Hugh Jackman or Christian Bale in the front from the get-go. Personally I'll take Hugh Jackman, but whoever.

We then get Purvis and Wade to do another great script, film in late 2006/early 2007 and voila. We have a HUGE Bond film for 2007. :) At least that's how I see it.

#15 IndyJones

IndyJones

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 02:45 AM

A friend of mine told me she saw a segment with Pierce Brosnan and in that segment I am told Brosnan said he has signed on for Bond 21. Yay Brosnan is back for a fifth Bond film. He is my favorite Bond and will see him as Bond any time even if he is Bond when he is older than Roger Moore when Moore quit being Bond.

#16 giwiens

giwiens

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 10:03 PM

I saw Pierce and Halle on Larry King on CNN last night and Pierce confirmed there that he would be back for at least one more.

giwiens

#17 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 01:34 PM

I am so glad Pierce will be back, he is the best and should do as many as he feels he can. I personally hope he stops after Bond 21, as I believe no man should be allowed to do more than 5, then they just get unbelieveable. I know, Brosnan unbelieveable as Bond, I can barely believe it myself. Besides as much as it would be nice to have Brozzy around for 2 007 it would be a good way to break in a new actor. I hope that Purvis and Wade comeback too, as TWINE and DAD are the series top two!