2 replies to this topic

#1 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 10:40 AM

Just copied this from www.empireonline.co.uk - Nothing we didn't already know, but its nice to have the confirmation from the man himself.

Bond 5 for Brosnan

Confirming all those rumours and quashing once and for all the terrifying possibility of Robbie Williams as the next 007, Pierce Brosnan has accepted his fifth mission as the one and only Mr James Bond.

Speaking to Variety, Brosnan confirmed that "The invitation has been accepted" from producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson to don the bow-tie and save the world for the fifth time. Having grossed more than a billion dollars in his first three outings as the suave spy, Brosnan's take on international espionage has certainly proved popular with the Bond-hungry masses. So will the poor Irish boy done good get a raise for making all this hard work look so damn cool? "I would like to think that fair play will be involved," he commented quietly, "I have the highest expectation of fairness and good spirit." That'll be many, many buckeroos heading Mr Brosnan's way then.

And as for the life expectancy of the good spy himself, Brosnan dismissed young upstarts like Xander Cage by predicting that "I think it has mileage to go another 20 years" - but not with him, he assured.

Hurrah for Messrs Bond and Brosnan, we say.

#2 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 03:57 PM

Archerd: Brosnan licensed to kill for a fifth time
Mon Nov 4, 8:07 PM ET
By Army Archerd, Daily Variety Senior Columnist

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - "The invitation has been accepted," a very polite Pierce Brosnan (news) tells me of "the invitation" from producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson to do a fifth James Bond movie -- just as his contract expires with the completion of "Die Another Day."

The untitled -- and as yet unscripted -- Bond picture probably will not start filming until early 2005. Since his first three outings have grossed more that a billion-$, I asked Brosnan if the new negotiations would include a raise for him.

"I would like to think that fair play will be involved," he smiled. "I have the highest expectation of fairness and good spirit." And, he added, "I have all of CAA behind me!"

Beyond this fifth Bond film, Brosnan predicts, "I think it has mileage to go another 20 years." Not with him, he assures -- he survived the fourth Bond with "a bit of a knee injury. That was it."

"Die Another Day" gets a royal premiere in London with Queen Elizabeth on hand Nov. 18, following Monday's L.A. gala at the Shrine Auditorium. The film opens Nov. 22.

Meanwhile, Brosnan's own banner, Irish DreamTime, will release its 1953-set personal drama "Evelyn" (also for MGM) at year's end for Oscar consideration. He and partner Beau St. Clair have completed three films, with more planned. The next will be a big change for them -- the costumer "Lochinvar," based on Sir Walter Scott's classic. Brosnan would play the Templar MacGregor.

(http://story.news.ya...le_nm/archerd_1)

#3 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 04:42 PM

As a thank you from MGM for keeping their studio alive these past years, they really should give Mr. Brosnan whatever he bloody well pleases.