7 replies to this topic

#1 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 03:57 AM

According to an ad in the November 4th New York Times, Pierce Brosnan and Halle Berry will be at the main Bloomingdales (57th Street and 3rd Avenue) at 1 pm to open the storefront windows on third avenue, in honor of Die Another Day.

The weather promises to be better tomorrow, so I stongly suggest all that can go, to do so.

-- Xenobia

#2 RE007HQ1

RE007HQ1

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 09:54 PM

Ok , Agents in the feild report in!:)

#3 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 10:16 PM

"something pretty big, every CBn operative in the NYC area has been called in...and the home secretary";)

"What we need is (yet again) a location fix on 007"

#4 solitaire

solitaire

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 01:17 AM

Pierce and Halle were here in New York promoting the film today:

November 05, 2002
As the premiere date of the newest James Bond flick looms, the film's stars, PIERCE BROSNAN and HALLE BERRY, made a whistle-stop tour in New York to unveil Bloomingdale's new "Bond Windows" and "Bond Shop." Tonight on ET, spy on this cool, unprecedented event, and catch a new, exclusive clip from 'Die Another Day'!

The famous Bloomingdale's display windows on 59th Street are celebrating "40 Years of Bond," with a tribute to author IAN FLEMING's master spy who became a worldwide phenomenon with the debut of 'Dr. No' in 1962. Since that time, the Bond series has seen 20 official films, with five principal actors inhabiting the 007 role: SEAN CONNERY, GEORGE LAZENBY, ROGER MOORE, TIMOTHY DALTON and now Pierce Brosnan. The Bloomingdale's "Bond Shop" features 007-style formal separates, accessories and high-tech gadgets.

Brosnan returns for his fourth mission as Bond in 'Die Another Day.' This time, Britain's top spy travels to Iceland, Hong Kong, Cuba and Korea to track down an evil mastermind (TOBY STEPHENS) and prevent a war of catastrophic consequences. Halle plays the femme fatale, Jinx, and ROSAMUND PIKE is Bond's other love interest. Oscar winner JUDI DENCH returns once again as Bond's boss, M, and JOHN CLEESE takes over the reigns as secret-service gadget master, Q.

'Die Another Day' opens in theaters nationwide November 22.

Posted Image

#5 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 01:20 AM

Was anyone there today? Any pictures of the windows?

It seems that New York is the ideal place for a Bond fan to be this week...

#6 General Gogol

General Gogol

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 01:21 AM

Thanks for the info and have a great day!!!!

#7 solitaire

solitaire

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 01:38 AM

I plan on stopping by Bloomingdales later this week. I'll probably end up buying some useless gadget.:) In any case I may take some pictures of the window.

#8 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 04:02 AM

That would be great if you could get some pictures, Solitaire. I saw clips of Pierce and Halle on Entertainment Tonight and the set-up really intrigued me. It's like those pictures in the book The Essential Bond of when stores in England dressed their windows with Bond displays back in the Connery days.

I wanted to see if I could make it up there. I'm stuck in Ohio, though. Some pics would be the next best thing. :)