This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Let Nothing You Dismay (A Bond Holiday Story)

1 reply to this topic

#1 MHazard

MHazard

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

Like any other author I welcome your comments, suggestions or questions and even more what you think of this take on Bond. In any case thanks for taking the time to read it and I hope you found it enjoyable.

#2 MHazard

MHazard

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:33 PM

I wanted to add a brief explanation/afterword in case anyone was curious. First of all, I obviously don't regard Raymond Benson's work at canon as he and I have a different take on one issue in Bond's life. More fundamentally, this story arose from my musings as to what Christmas and New Year's must be like for a post OHMSS Bond. I imagined that he probably did his best to ignore it prior to the Ohmss events but that after it became even more emotinally complex. Not a good time of year for our James. After experiencing my own broken ankle a year ago, I decided to add to his holiday burdens. Also, a year ago my wonderings led me to start a still very active thread entitled Who's Tried a Bond Christmas Story? This has led to a very active on-going discussion on that thread and even better a fair amount of Holiday Bond reading by some fine fan fic authors. Some of this is available on on the Who's Tried thread and some on the main thread. If you like the idea of Holiday Bond, I encourage you to check it all out.