Did anyone attend the NYC event( 11/4)?

5 replies to this topic

#1 RE007HQ1

RE007HQ1

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 09:03 PM

Please report for a full debreifing,please.:)

#2 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 03:52 AM

I was there...and so was Pierce, in fine spirits!

He arrived a touch late. I believe that was because of the weather, which was rainy and miserable. He sat in his limo, because there really was no dry place for him to be. (The tents they had up appeared to be leaking.) While in the limo, he kept the window down, and at turns waved to fans, took pictures of us taking pictures of him, and half got out of the limo to "pose" for the fans behind the car.

When he did get out of the limo he was quickly ushered to the stage, where he did a little plugging for the Omega watch (taking his off his wrist to give to the winner of the trivia contest, Jaime Siegler, I believe is her name). Then it was back to the limo.

Alas, because of the rain, and something called the Bad Karma Effect, the camera I had with me did not work. And that is doubly a shame, because I was leaving I caught the car again at the next light where the limo was stopped for a red light. Again, Pierce put the window to let those close enough shake his hand, and for more photos.

Take heart folks...on the fifth, Pierce and Halle will be at the main Bloomingdales (57th on the 3rd avenue side) to open the special windows the store has put up for DAD. This happens at 1 pm.

-- Xenobia

#3 urhash

urhash

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 04:20 AM

Sounded like fun!

Did you get to see the 4 watches on display? Did they look unique at all?

Dan

#4 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 03:58 AM

Alas, there was only one watch...the prize watch, that Pierce gave to Jaime Seigler. I wasn't able to see any others.

-- Xenobia

#5 B007GLE

B007GLE

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 01:56 PM

Actually there were a number of watches there, in display cases between the parahawks, and Q-boat and Skidoo. To be honest I didn't give them taht good of a look, though each did, at quick glance, look unique.

#6 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 04:04 AM

B007GLE were you there to see Pierce, or did you see it before or after?

-- Xenobia