2 replies to this topic

#1 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

I was just wondering If anyone else beside me has ever thought of the possibility of a James Bond film in IMAX or have key scenes filmed using IMAX like Christopher Nolan with The Dark Knight and Inception. I think it could be something completely different and intriguing at the same time to have for a Bond film just as long as the story is amazing and have the major scenes in the IMAX format. But by then there could be a new type of IMAX camera out that isn't loud and could shoot the whole film reason being is that Nolan shot some dialogue scenes with the camera and when he reviewed it, it wasn't great because the camera is so loud when you have it running and your filming with it so that's why he only shot the major action and key scenes in IMAX. He says he would like to shoot The Dark Knight Rises completely in IMAX if they can develop a new type of camera that isn't so loud for it to be possible to shoot dialogue scenes and others etc.

We won't get a Bond film in 3D (thank god! or hopefully), but we could get a Bond film in IMAX. The thought of 007 on the IMAX screen is something else.

#2 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

Yes! I would be a brillant idea! We need Nolan to direct the film though....I don't know if it would catch on with Broccoli or others right now.
And Yes I agree 3-D would be horrible, utterly devastating in a Bond film.

#3 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:52 AM

Maybe Bond 24 or 25 Might and hopefully will use it. Not to many movies use to come out in IMAX but more movies have been filmed using it and the number of films shot using IMAX camera's have doubled! There's been several this with the latest of this month being Tron: Legacy.