8 replies to this topic

#1 Achille Aubergine

Achille Aubergine

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

I have a problem with Max Zorin in the City Hall sequence.
He left the ppk on Howe's desk after the killing ! If one find the gun, police could find his fingerprints on it !
It's a mistake in the script ?

#2 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

No, it's a story device - so that BOND can get collared by the cops and then needs to escape - hence the fire truck chase.

#3 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

As for fingerprints per se, I doubt they would have survived the fire, anyhow. So all that's left is the gun, which can be easily identified as Bond's.
(I don't remember, but doesn't Zorin wear gloves during that scene, anyway?)

#4 Achille Aubergine

Achille Aubergine

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

As for fingerprints per se, I doubt they would have survived the fire, anyhow. So all that's left is the gun, which can be easily identified as Bond's.

No Zorin doesn't wear gloves. The ppk is unmarked logically because it's a secret service property. So police can't identify Bond. But Zorin's fingerprints, yes...I still can't understand why he did it...

#5 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:03 PM

Something always bugged me about that scene. I guess it was the fact that the police chief was able to get up to Howe's office and retrieve the gun *WHILE* the building was still burning and yet *DIDN'T* encounter Stacy and Bond trying to escape the fiery elevator shaft.

Maybe they took the stairs :)

Anyway, I think this scene works fine. No big deal.

#6 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:09 PM

No Zorin doesn't wear gloves. The ppk is unmarked logically because it's a secret service property. So police can't identify Bond. But Zorin's fingerprints, yes...I still can't understand why he did it...

As someone else said, the fire would have probably effaced the fingerprints left on the butt.

#7 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:18 AM

Zorin called it "intuitive improvisation, the secret of genius". Enough members on this thread have noted a flaw or two in this spur of the moment decision of Dr Mortner's finest that one wonders how much of a genius Zorin was.

#8 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

As someone else said, the fire would have probably effaced the fingerprints left on the butt.

It's actually the first sentence of my post ... ;)

#9 Achille Aubergine

Achille Aubergine

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

It's actually the first sentence of my post ... ;)

A miscalculated risk . If the firefighters had extinguish the fire ? Indeed for a "genius" it's not vey convincing.