This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What new gadget/s would you love seeing 007 use, or like to create ?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Tanaka4

Tanaka4

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 03:38 AM

If you were Q, R or anyone of equivalent abilities, what new
(preferably serious, or even humorous) gadget/s not used before,
would you create for 007 and / or like to see him utilise.

Or cite the best ones described in any non-Fleming Bond books.
Explain what your gadget would do / how it works, or why it'd be
so cool compared to other gadgets seen and used before.

If this has been well discussed before, here or elsewhere, please give a link.

#2 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 02:18 PM

A book or a head with a gun in it.
Posted Image that can exploid in 60 seconds or with smoke.

#3 walther

walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 375 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 06:12 PM

Shoes that would enable the user to walk on water.
Shoes with rocket boosters in them so the user could fly or (if in the right direction) move faster.
Cuff links that could render the user invisible for a short period of time. (think Perfect Dark's clocking device)
Laser Pen or a Pen that is a dart gun.

That's all I can think of right now.

#4 Double oh Ten

Double oh Ten

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 07:10 PM

Personally, although many believe that it was very OTT, the gadgets seen on the Jaguar in The Facts of Death would make for a great car chase scene in a 007 film.

The shoes from Zero Minus Ten aswell, it would be cool for them to be seen in a movie.

As for those cufflinks Walther, hey, anything is possible. (Quote from the man himself, Raymond Benson)

#5 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 10:46 AM

What do you think about a poster out the Plaboy Magazine with a explosion bom for on the wall.
As a Guard look to the poster and tatch it with his hands,than explodit.

#6 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 03:05 PM

Although it has connections with TWINE, I would like to see wheels on Bond's car that can automatically explode and disintegrate wheel clamps. At the end of the day, the chap may well have to park illegally and what with the intense ferocity with which (UK) wheel clampers can descend on your car, something like this would work a charm.

I would also smile wrily upon its use...

#7 Rayliottaasbond

Rayliottaasbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 08:25 PM

some sort of hi-tech bra-unfastner would be good.

#8 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 08:56 PM

I wouldn't say this is a gadget as such, but more of a trick he coul use, quite chidish but works. He could be i a situation where a villain is almost certainly going to shoot Bond while he is down, Bond pulls back the clothing over his Omega SeaMaster wrist watch and reflects the sun into the villain's eyes, knocking the gun out of his hands or just running for safety! A Bond escaping moment without using weapons, quite rare.

#9 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 09:28 PM

I had an idea for a controlled descent device disguised as a Swiss Army knife. One of the monster sized ones. The leather punch is the piton which is fired into any surface. 007 grips it and it feeds out line at a set rate that allows him to be lowered on high-tencil line up to 500 meters.

A shot of Pierce slowly being lowered from the roof of skyscraper to the street at night would be great.

Unlike the belt from GE, and the watch from TWINE, this is a feed out as opposed to reel in line device. That and possibly a laser for cutting through glass or other materials.

I seem to recall a Gardner novel where Bond is carrying a SAK with some lock-picks in it, so the idea is there.

#10 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 10:01 PM

Exploding golf balls. 'Cept he could really use them in golf. See, whatcha do is take any standard golf tee (hee!) and shove the pointy end in the marked dimple below the brand name. Then you've got a coupla seconds, say 5, 'til the thing blows up. Or something like sunglasses with concealed blades in the lenses, and a nifty lil' lockpick in the arms. Hey, those'd be mighty handy gizmos, even if I do say so myself. So if you're writing a little fanfic for Bond, keep yer pryin' fingers off. I'm sure that goes for everyone else here, too. BTW, Bryce, nice (ha! rhyme!) idea for the de-sender(!) device. 'Tho Wai Lin sorta used one in TND.