2 replies to this topic

#1 kronsteens shin

kronsteens shin

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 02:17 AM

Dear all,
Earlier today (much earlier!) I was lucky enough to attend the British Comedy Society's tribute to 40 years of humour in Bond at Pinewood studios. Took lots of snaps, and will post them as and when they're developed - no digital camera sadly.

First thoughts - a fan actually getting into Pinewood - fabulous:). The special guests included Dana and Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson, Pevsner and Wade, Burt Kwouk, Jenny Hanley, Shirley Eaton and Shane Rimmer. Great to be able to talk to them (even a few sentences with Michael G about his cameo in DAD), they all seemed happy to chat about the series and their roles.

There could have been more Bond guests - with UNICEF as a beneficiary I had hoped that Roger Moore might attend. No matter - pleasant company, legendary surroundings - I took a quick stroll in the gardens where the fake Bond is 'offed' in FRWL, great lunch and absolutely no chance of being able to afford the genuine pipe rack and pipes donated by Sean Connery for the auction.:mad:

Full marks to the organisers - I know that they worked very hard to make it happen - the 20 min. montage of Bond humour was excellent. If anyone shows any interest, I'll spout on further and post some piccies.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 02:56 AM

Heck I'd love to hear more about it! I really wanted to go to the event but I'm not over in the UK for a a few days more yet :) So please tell us more, and I'd also love some piccies!

#3 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 05:58 AM

I'd like to hear more too!