5 replies to this topic

#1 lazenbyland

lazenbyland

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

For those in the UK, ITV in the UK are not showing OHMSS in HD following You Only Live Twice. Instead they are being as bad as ABC in the USA and skipping to Diamonds Are Forever with no plans to show OHMSS on the HD channel again.

Again OHMSS gets the brush off as 'it is the one with that other feller that was really bad wasn't it?'

This would be bad enough anywhere but to do this in the homeland of the 007 films, is even worse.

To voice your protest at this feel free to e-mail ITV at [email protected]

They do e-mail back so at least will have some idea of how popular the film is amongst 007 fans.

#2 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:51 PM

They've not shown any of them in order in this HD run: nothing to get upset about. I think they've already shown OHMSS in fact, haven't they?

#3 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

Yes. It was the first film shown in this run (upscaled, though, apparently).

#4 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:01 PM

I'm guessing they didn't show the full HD version - as this hasn't been released on BR. Now with MGM on the verge of resolution, perhaps we'll see it. In time for Xmas please?

#5 Lachesis

Lachesis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

Do we know if there is a genuine hd transfer yet? I know sky showed some of the films that have yet to see Blu-ray release, but OHMSS and GE were notably absent which makes me wonder if there are other reasons.

#6 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:40 PM

Do we know if there is a genuine hd transfer yet? I know sky showed some of the films that have yet to see Blu-ray release, but OHMSS and GE were notably absent which makes me wonder if there are other reasons.

Yes I believe there is. I own OHMSS in HD from iTunes and it looks a lot better than the UE DVD and its the same version I have seen on some recent TV broadcasts over here in the U.S. Same goes for GE which I have seen over here on TV in HD and since it was cropped at 1.78:1 it was hard to tell if it was the same as the UE DVD. However, during the scene where Bond uses a binocular to spy on Onatopp the computer graphic of the binocular seems to reveal more on the left of the frame compared to the UE DVD but due to the fact it was cropped for a TV broadcast the right side is more cropped than the DVD.