10 replies to this topic

#1 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 01:13 AM

The good news is that TWINE is premiering on CBS tonight at 7:30 CST. The bad news is that it's in a 2 1/2 hr time slot. Yuck. I'm not brave enough to watch it in that format. I have the DVD and can watch it on widescreen, but there's something about Bond on TV that I have trouble resisting. Is anyone watching it on TV tonight? What did they cut out? I'm almost afraid to know, but questions, questions, all I have are questions!

#2 General Gogol

General Gogol

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 01:21 AM

Yeah I'll be watching. Have a great day!!!

#3 Felix's lighter

Felix's lighter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 02:28 AM

I might watch it for a few minutes but will eventually convince myself that I can watch it anytime on video anyway. I would be interested to see if there's anything they cut, however. My bet is that they'll chop out Bond's closing post-coital one-liner to Christmas. Maybe that's just as well;P.

#4 HUNTER C.

HUNTER C.

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 04:15 AM

I happened to stumble across it coming on and watched it. That was pathetic. I've never seen a Bond movie so chopped up like that before. If you had never seen the film before, you'd be lost in some of that.

They cut from the scene where Bond arrives and meets Davidov "James Bond... Universal Exports" "And I'm Davidov: Cheif of Security" straight to Elektra in that little room saying "I'm trying to build an 800 yard pipeline..." You miss all of that inbetween and for a while it just makes Bond look bad. You don't see the chemestry that stirs up from the begining.

M's scenes are cut down considerably. Once Tanner and Robinson are done talking, they cut straight to Moneypenny handing out the information folders. They cut out the part where Moneypenny comes in and shows M the file that says Bond is cleared and has "exceptional stamina". They move around her lines so it goes like this....
BOND: There's still one he hasn't touched: Elektra.
M: She's taking over the construction of her father's oil pipeline. 007, I want you to go to Elektra.

Also from where Renard's man tells Bond "get your things" and Bond reaches in to the truck to get his bags, they fade into the plane landing and then immidiately fade again into the jeep arriving at the test facility.

The action scenes were cut down considerably too and the music kinda gave it away, but the only one I was pleased to see chopped up was that horrible caviar factory sequence.

Bond's final one-liner wasn't cut out. Which kinda surprised me, but oh well.

I was suckered in and watched it, although I made a rule to myself that I was only to watch 1 Bond movie a day starting today and that was the one that was scheduled today (because my "Bond marathon/countdown" started today). So much for that I guess.

#5 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 04:23 AM

I actually didnt start watching the film until the Silo scene, so I missed a lot of it. Even then I wasnt really paying attention, just sitting here on the computer with it on in the background.

First of all, my biggest problem was its in fullscreen, it just didnt feel right, especially since this is the first time I've ever seen TWINE in fullscreen. Anyways, other than that, I did notice a lot of the cuts, made the film move faster than it should have, but oh well, what are you going to do? Its broadcast television and those cuts are expected.

#6 john007

john007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 04:24 AM

I watched it on a canadian station CTV the night before (cause they get all the CBS stuff) and yes it was cut down quite a bit. I didnt really watch it that closely becasue i have the DVD but i did notice HUGE gaps that they cut out. The pre-titles etc.. and yes the music switching gave it away. But they really didnt cut anything out plot wise, it was all excess action or stuff like that. The only reason i watched it was to see the DAD commercial, and i did (the "are you a gambling man" one!)

Oh well, it was good for those who havent seen it, and was a network premiere here in North America.

john007

#7 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 04:12 AM

Alas....Christmas was still in this edited version.

I think for sensitivity reasons perhaps, M.'s speech was cut. I was pleased with most of the edits, except for the one where Bond and Elektra's opening dialogue was cut. It really is a neat bit of acting when Bond simply gives Elektra a look as a answer to her question, "Have you ever lost someone Mr. Bond?"

-- Xenobia

#8 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 08:52 AM

what bits of the pre-title were cut?

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 03:34 PM

Cuts. Amazing. What's the point of watching a movie on network TV?

#10 007_JamesBond

007_JamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 05:08 PM

I missed it!!! my tv was on the fritz and I did not have cbs, NNNNOOOOO, it was a dark time indeed

#11 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 03:42 AM

Brendan:

I am sure nothing too important from the pretitles was chopped. I think we might have lost a few seconds on the river, but you still knew everything that was going on.

-- Xenobia