This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What Was Your Favorite Thing To Do In Goldeneye n64 007?

18 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Zukovsky

Mr.Zukovsky

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:11 AM

My favorite thing to do in GoldenEye was to turn on the cheats and just run through the stages blowing the crap out of everything with rockets, putting a billion mines under the guards feet, trying to get the guards to fly real high :), have crazy shootouts with the scientist with fast animation turned on :), blowing Natalya out of the archive's window. What were some of your favorite things to do in Goldeneye?

#2 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:54 AM

I have many favourite memories. Stacking dozens of remote mines ontop of each other with infinite ammo, using the push button invisible cheat in multiplayer when no one was expecting it, using the trick to get back into the vents in facility when a friend is camping up there, dual wielding a golden PP7 and moonraker laser, licence to kill mode with pistols at the stack map, and the best: screwing up the end of level cutscenes using timed/proxy mines. Nothing more hilarious than a smug Bond posing at the end of a level only to be blown out of the frame.

#3 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:07 AM

Plant Plastique explosives on the missiles in the Silo level, put on invincibility, and detonate the missiles, leaving the whole map to go boom. Froze the game a bunch of times.

#4 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:12 AM

I liked using invisibility and cruising around the French Frigate blasting 2 guards at a time with one .44 Magnum round. I'd served aboard a ship similar to that one during my navy days, so it was like taking a virtual tour of my old stamping grounds. When I felt cheeky I'd vandalize the bridge, or try to add '00' to the hull number with paintballs.

Eventually, though, I got tired of wasting great big heaps of faceless goons in the other levels. I even started to feel sorry for them, racing to their deaths while I used invulnerability and infinite ammo. I always sympathized with those poor Russian grunts in the film, who got mowed down by Bond only because it was more expedient than trying to convice them that General Ouromov was corrupt. It's a good thing EON has rebooted the series - there's no way BrosBond would be welcome in Russia again, except to stand trial.

Edited by AMC Hornet, 27 October 2010 - 01:19 PM.

#5 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:08 AM

Blowing Boris away with Remote Mines and shooting scientists/civilians in the [censored]! :lol:

#6 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

I used to love blasting people with a rocket launcher at a very short range, often killing myself as well in the process.

#7 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

I was always amused going guns-free and start to bitch-slap everyone in my path. Yes, I would use an invincibility cheat sometimes and the leves was long as well but I was just that bored. I played that game so many times.

#8 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:50 AM

I used to love blasting people with a rocket launcher at a very short range, often killing myself as well in the process.

It's funny. In the Cradle level, if you activate the Invincibility and Enemy Rockets cheats, you can blow 006 away by just getting close to him :lol:

#9 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

Oh, I also liked killing enemies with a single shot in the head, too.

#10 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

Well, of course back in the day it was all about the split-screen multiplayer. In recent years, when I do play (my N64 is hooked up) and it's not too often it's pretty much always by myself.

I unlocked everything in the game many years ago. Mostly, I just go through levels messing with guards and such. I've also spent a lot of time manipulating objects and levels w/ a GameShark just to see what I can do.

#11 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:21 AM

I Always Enjoyed Bursting The Gas Tanks In The Facility Level, And Staying Around With The 'Invincibility' Cheat In, Long After General Ourumov Has Fled, Killing The Endless Number Of Guards That Continually Run Down The Stairs After You. All While The Whole Level Had Now Been Clouded In Green Gas. :P

#12 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

I actually had the opportunity to go over to the island on the first level (using the GS, of course). That was fun

#13 Elmason

Elmason

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Shooting the guards helmets off!

#14 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

Pretty much anything having to do with infinite guards in any level. With infinite ammo, invincibility, and all guns. Loved it it Facility, Bunker part 1, Jungle, Caverns and the Aztec. Always loved going through the Golden Gun maze in the Egyptian level. After all these years, I still remember the path.

#15 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

I loved killing Boris and Natalya thus compromising the missions.

#16 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Ahh yes... I too like putting on such cheats like Invincibility, All Guns, Paintball, Infinite Ammo and Bond Invisible to do such things as..

1. Using the Paintball mode, just randomly shoot off a hail of bullets to see what kind of pretty colored patterns I can make on the wall.
2. Only use the throwing knifes to kill guards at a distance and enjoy the sound of the blade as it goes whistling through the air before making contact..lol :D
3. In the Facility, when Bond is in the air vent, sneak up to the opening and shoot the guard in the stall's hat off before finishing him off.
4. As invisible Bond, go up to a guard and shoot him and then watch his pals scramble around blindly as they try to find the invisible killer..
5. In the underground cavern, in that section where you have to go up the winding path to get to the next room, I love to use the rocket launcher to shoot all the way up to the top and blow out the glass windows.
6. Set up a bunch of remote mines in places where there is a lot of glass windows....retreat a few paces away..press the button on the watch and enjoy the fireworks! LOL
7. Chucking grenades from the top floor of the Archives down to the bottom level and taking out any guards which may come running in from the next room.

#17 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

I have many favourite memories. Stacking dozens of remote mines ontop of each other with infinite ammo, using the push button invisible cheat in multiplayer when no one was expecting it, using the trick to get back into the vents in facility when a friend is camping up there, dual wielding a golden PP7 and moonraker laser, licence to kill mode with pistols at the stack map, and the best: screwing up the end of level cutscenes using timed/proxy mines. Nothing more hilarious than a smug Bond posing at the end of a level only to be blown out of the frame.

Its always fun trying to change the end scenes and its even better if Natalya is blown away!:)

#18 Golddragon71

Golddragon71

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Go to cheats, get DK Mode, Slow animation Mode, Invisible Mode All Guns Mode and infinite ammo mode (and invinciblble Mode just so explosions don't take me out collaterally) Then walk up to each AI with Twin RCP90s and turn him to strawberry jam at point blank range following him down as he falls :D

Edited by Golddragon71, 31 May 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#19 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

I just enjoyed standing just out of the guards' line of sight & watch them randomly aim their rifles at invisible flies or pick at their backsides; pretty gross but quite amusing.