PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

Found this out courtesy of mi6.co.uk-

http://www.mi6.co.uk...68&t=mi6&s=news

One-time James Bond actor George Lazenby will release his autobiography in 2012, the same year that 007 celebrates his 50th silver screen anniversary.

The book will be titled "The Other Fella", after the fourth-wall breaking line Lazenby's Bond utters in the opening sequence of "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" - his sole outing as Ian Fleming's spy in 1969.

His literary agent AP Watt sold the title's world rights to publisher Charter at the industry's big annual trade event held in Frankfurt last week.

The book is touted as "a brilliantly frank tale of how he bluffed his way into the role of James Bond, and what he did afterwards."

Century will publish in hardback in spring 2012 with an Arrow paperback scheduled for 2013.

#2 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

Co-incident with the 50th anniversary, very wise ;)

#3 RJJB

RJJB

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:59 AM

He was fine as Bond and it's too bad he didn't continue in the role. I'm sure Broccoli and Saltzman would have paid for acting lessons for him to improve his skills. But an autobiography? His career has not been stellar and except for his version of his biggest mistake, what is there to cover?

#4 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:04 AM

I'll be first in line at the bookstore for this.

#5 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:00 AM

There is no doubt Lazenby has an interesting story to tell. Should be a good read.

#6 David_M

David_M

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

The book is touted as "a brilliantly frank tale of how he bluffed his way into the role of James Bond, and what he did afterwards."

Well, if they know it's "brilliant" then it must be written already, right? So why must we wait until 2012?

#7 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:51 PM

Looking forward to it.

#8 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

I really might have to get this. Is he writing it or is having someone else do the heavy lifting while he dictates?

#9 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:37 AM

He was fine as Bond and it's too bad he didn't continue in the role. I'm sure Broccoli and Saltzman would have paid for acting lessons for him to improve his skills. But an autobiography? His career has not been stellar and except for his version of his biggest mistake, what is there to cover?

Consider the people who do autobiographies who haven't done really anything other than become reality stars such as Kendra Wilkinson, or now Justin Bieber, who's 16 and been famous for a year, for instance. What about the people who served on the O.J. Simpson jury? Do they deserve a shot at an autobiography?

Now tell me it isn't worthy to hear how the big mistake Lazenby made affected his entire life isn't a worthy subject?

#10 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:23 AM

I suspect you will also be the only person in line at the bookstore for this :)

#11 Krilencu

Krilencu

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:49 AM

I suspect you will also be the only person in line at the bookstore for this :)

No, I'll be there too.

#12 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

I'm sure lookin' forward to this one!

#13 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

Oh boy!

#14 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

Consider the people who do autobiographies who haven't done really anything other than become reality stars such as Kendra Wilkinson, or now Justin Bieber, who's 16 and been famous for a year, for instance. What about the people who served on the O.J. Simpson jury? Do they deserve a shot at an autobiography?

Now tell me it isn't worthy to hear how the big mistake Lazenby made affected his entire life isn't a worthy subject?

From what I know it seems he's lead a more interesting life than people assume. Still, personally I'll wait until the bargin bins/shops for this one...think I would have preferred an OHMSS commentary