6 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:45 PM

Since Blood Stone is nigh, I was wondering if anyone here was up for some multiplayer? Post your gamer-tags here if you want, and we can add each-other.

My gamer-tag is: 'Maffyooo'. Not very imaginative I know. I plan to change it at a later date. But yeah, we really should have a few Quantum of Solace/Blood Stone matches in our free time. :)

#2 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

I'm PSN only, tag: YouKnowTheName. Shut up.

If you feel like shooting me (can't blame you) Say when you add that you're from CBN. I occasionally go on PSHome so I'm very scetchy about unrecognised contacts.

#3 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:55 PM

I've been putting off getting an Xbox 360 for about 2 years now, but the release of Blood Stone has forced me to go and get one! I'll be getting mine at the end of the month, so once I'm all set up, I'll definitely be up for some of that!

One question: Is Xbox Live free, or do you have to pay for it?

#4 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:57 PM

I've been putting off getting an Xbox 360 for about 2 years now, but the release of Blood Stone has forced me to go and get one! I'll be getting mine at the end of the month, so once I'm all set up, I'll definitely be up for some of that!

One question: Is Xbox Live free, or do you have to pay for it?

You have to pay a subscription fee to play games. On PS3 it's all free though. Don't mean to rub it in.

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:13 AM

If you sign up to Xbox Live you get one month of Gold free.* Just to see if you like it or not. It's £40 for a 12 month subscription. Which isn't bad considering the large web based community.

*Gold allows you to play online with other peoople, etc. I think you can still download add ons and such with the free silver membership. :)

#6 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:54 AM

I still need to renew my subscription, and I've been on the fence about it for a while. If I do, I'll definitely message you my XBL name, Matt.

#7 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

If you sign up to Xbox Live you get one month of Gold free.* Just to see if you like it or not. It's £40 for a 12 month subscription. Which isn't bad considering the large web based community.

*Gold allows you to play online with other peoople, etc. I think you can still download add ons and such with the free silver membership. :)

That's quite a nice offer! I'll deffo give that some consideration. Also, would you recommend getting a 250GB or a 4GB? Game are doing offers on 250GB and 4GB consoles, and the 4GB is a lot cheaper! Is 250 really value for money? Is 4GB enough to store a lot of game memory etc?

P.S. Apologies for turning this thread into the Xbox 360 question centre! :P