All The Time In The World

22 replies to this topic

#1 DouglasJ

DouglasJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:42 PM

So my friend and I were conversing the other day, and the conversation came round (as it normally does) to Bond. We started talking about our mutual love of On Her Majesty's Secret Service and the fact that we both enjoyed Lazenby in the role, and we would have liked at least one more entry in the style of OHMSS.

So we decided to do some fan-scripting. Not only that, we decided to make a game of it and create cast lists (we can only use people active in 1970/1971) and posters. Neither of us are very good at photo editing, so please excuse the poor quality of the posters as they go up.

The screenplay is now basically finished, with a few finishing touches being added. We intend to put the screenplay online on the 19th of November, with a novelization to follow approximately one week later for those who prefer reading prose. So we're putting this up on various websites in the hopes that, when we finish, people will have a read of it and let us know what they think.

Just for the sake of it, here's the 'other stuff' we've done for fun.

Cast List:
James Bond - George Lazenby
Vivienne Michel - Brigitte Bardot
Ernst Stavro Blofeld - Telly Savalas
Rene Mathis - Jean-Pierre Aumont
Marc Ange Draco - Gabriele Ferzetti
Irma Bunt - Olga Tschechowa
Felix Leiter - Rik Van Nutter
M - Bernard Lee
Bill Tanner -Jeremy Brett
Q - Desmond Llewelyn
Sir James Moloney - Patrick Troughton
Miss Moneypenny - Lois Maxwell

Synopsis:
All The Time In The World picks up several months after the tragic finale of On Her Majesty's Secret Service - Bond is a wreck and is unable to perform to his previous standard in his duties as a Double-O-Agent.

Sent on a mission of personal revenge by M, Bond calls upon his wits, his fists and allies old and new to find Ernst Stavro Blofeld and avenge his late wife.

Posters:
Teaster Poster
British Quad (Coming Soon)
Character Posters (Coming Soon)

#2 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

Excellent project, douglas.

This sounds like my sort of thing, looking forward to seeing it debut.

Have to admit, I have batted round a few ideas with coco1997 about doing a 'Missing' Roger Moore film in script format at some point.

#3 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:11 PM

Interesting idea. I'm not one for cast lists; the character list has all the old favorites, bar Ms Michel.
Co-incidentely my current project is also to do with OHMSS, I'll be interested to see what your "sequel" pans out like.

#4 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:14 PM

Very interesting! I'll definitely keep my eye on this one!

#5 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:09 AM

The screenplay is now basically finished, with a few finishing touches being added. We intend to put the screenplay online on the 19th of November, with a novelization to follow approximately one week later for those who prefer reading prose. So we're putting this up on various websites in the hopes that, when we finish, people will have a read of it and let us know what they think.

Sounds like a very exciting project, Douglas! I'll definitely keep my eye out for this one.

#6 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:00 AM

This still on schedule?

#7 DouglasJ

DouglasJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

This still on schedule?

Yes and no.

The script is complete - the final draft was actually finished a couple of weeks ago.

However, we are considering holding it back and making the thing as an audio play. We're adapting the script to work as a play and seeing how things look.

We'll be making a final decision within a week and begin casting shortly after.

#8 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:29 AM

An audio-drama? That would be novel! I've only heard one fan produced audio-drama carried to completion before - and that wasn't particularly well done. Part of the problem being the need for action sequences and how hard they are to do in audio form.

Good luck to you whichever you decide to do.

#9 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:13 AM

There have been some excellent Fleming adaptations on BBC Radio 4, but I'd be very cautious about trying to write one without a prior text. It will need to be very explanatory and (usually) be written in the first person, which is an unusual take for FF. None the less, good luck with whatever you want to do.

#10 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

The script is complete - the final draft was actually finished a couple of weeks ago.

However, we are considering holding it back and making the thing as an audio play. We're adapting the script to work as a play and seeing how things look.

We'll be making a final decision within a week and begin casting shortly after.

Why not release both the script and the audio drama? It might make it into more of a multimedia experience.

#11 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

Anything going on with this?

#12 DouglasJ

DouglasJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

I forgot I had made this thread. It's online now, link is in my sig.

In the end the Screenplay had much more of the other guy in it than me. It's his story really, but since I'm on here I might as well provide.

#13 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

I forgot I had made this thread. It's online now, link is in my sig.

In the end the Screenplay had much more of the other guy in it than me. It's his story really, but since I'm on here I might as well provide.

Good job!

#14 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

Very good script, Douglas. Here's my personal review:

Spoiler

#15 DouglasJ

DouglasJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

Very good script, Douglas. Here's my personal review:

Spoiler

Thanks for your review. I am somewhat amazed that someone actually took the time to read this. It's very much appreciated.

RE: Your thoughts on the ending...

Spoiler

We're currentely working on a Diamonds Are Forever, also based around Lazenby. We're taking our time with it - largely because we're working on some DC Comics fan screnplays right now.

We then plan on writing one final story, which will be totally original.

#16 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

Spoiler

#17 DouglasJ

DouglasJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by DouglasJ, 16 January 2011 - 10:36 AM.

#18 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

Spoiler

#19 DouglasJ

DouglasJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#20 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

Spoiler

Perhaps before making a final judgment call on the whole Draco situation, you should first read the script?

#21 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:58 PM

Having only just realised, this is downloadable as a pdf, I'll get to reading it ASAP.

#22 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

I just read this. Interesting.
I'm not into "spoilers" so look away now.......

Just a few thoughts. The ending disappointed me. I think the sudden changes in one or two characters didn't ring true. While I enjoyed the idea of Blofeld hiding out in the Paris catacombs, I missed the world dominating/threatening plot. This is basically a one dimensional revenge story. Some of the dialogue is good. I didn't like the epilogue, it was much too cute and fanciful, a bit 'Lew Grade 1960s TV.' Occasionally I got a sense of Bond's deep loss, especially in the scene with Vivienne, but this was tethered to the over-strains of the pursuit sequences you re-imagined from the DAF PTS. My only other query was that I thought this was going to be a radio script. There is an awful lot of visual description for a radio show. I expected more first person narrative to tell the story from Bond's POV.
None the less, Douglas, sterling work in tackling a thorny subject which is very personal to many Bond fans.

#23 CallumJStewart

CallumJStewart

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:25 AM

Hi everybody. This is Callum Stewart, co-author of ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD, and I just want to say thanks to everyone who has read or is reading our script. It was a real labour of love for Douglas and I and to know that people are reading it is pretty awesome. Also, thanks for your reviews/comments - all cheers and jeers are welcome and appreciated.