26 replies to this topic

#1 TheLazenby

TheLazenby

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:08 AM

I've always been mildly curious about this.

It's pretty much common knowledge now that the Laz ended up doing pørn flicks, all in the "Emmanuelle" series. I'm almost afraid to ask, but does this mean ol' George bared all? Even... engaged in a bit of hardcore in out in out?

Come on, I know SOMEONE here has watched one out of curiosity. :-P

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:32 AM

He did?

I've never heard this.

#3 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:51 AM

I haven't seen any of the Emmanuelle films which featured George Lazenby, but I can tell you that they were all soft-core - plenty of female nudity and simulated humping but no naked men.

Nor does George drop anything in Saint Jack, a movie about Ben Gazzara as a brothel keeper somewhere in Malaya or the Philipenes (he may not even had any dialogue in that one).

George seemed to do a lot of speechless roles, such as 'Hans' in Hell Hunters - a drab little movie which also featured Stewart Granger and Maud Adams (briefly). In this one he just walked through once and disappeared (he was the lucky one).

#4 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:23 AM

I think he only did one "Emmanuelle" film and, as I seem to remember reading, he just plays an old guy on a plane or something that the main girl begins to tell all her dirty stories to before the slow, fuzzy fade into softcore pørn scenes.

#5 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

He did?

I've never heard this.

Yeah, that's what they all say... ;)

#6 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

It "seems" (winkity wink wink etc.) he was in several Emmanuelle's, but they were later made-for-tv revivals rather than the more revolutionary box-office-busting wrist-shakers of the 70s

#7 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

I think he only did one "Emmanuelle" film and, as I seem to remember reading, he just plays an old guy on a plane or something that the main girl begins to tell all her dirty stories to before the slow, fuzzy fade into softcore pørn scenes.

Yeah, I actually saw that on cable, probably back in the '90s, hadn't thought about this in years. I don't know how I stumbled across it, but there was Lazenby as a guy on a plane flight listening to Emmanuelle. I don't recall Laz getting down and dirty at all.

Laz doing this series is kind of like Adam West doing a part in the Happy Hooker series.

#8 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:53 AM

He did?

I've never heard this.

Yeah, that's what they all say... ;)

No, really, I've never heard about this either...

#9 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

Elizabeth, this series isn't really tailored toward your age and demographic if you catch my drift.

#10 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

Elizabeth, this series isn't really tailored toward your age and demographic if you catch my drift.

Nor would I watch it if it was. I abhor pørn.

#11 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:07 AM

Nor would I watch it if it was. I abhor pørn.

I don't think there's prawn tailored for teens.

#12 THX-007

THX-007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:06 AM

Laz has said that in the Emmanuelle movies all he did was play a pilot. He would just sit in a cockpit set, steer the plane, and talk with a character. And at the end of the day he'd get paid a sum of money. He also said that many people believed he was in nude scenes because of the nature of the film.

"This never happened to the other fella... well, at least its not Zardoz or Highlander II."

#13 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:10 AM

If, as mccartney007 says, Lazenby played an old geezer on a plane listening to a young woman's, er, "experiences", then it lends a whole new meaning to the quote "This never happened to the other fella", let alone the term "in-flight entertainment". :)

If, as THX-007 suggests, Lazenby played the plane's pilot - well, if I were a passenger, I'd be a bit concerned. "Keep your mind on the driving, keep your hand on the wheel", to borrow a line from a song from the early 1960s I recall.

Another line I keep thinking of is "Say it ain't so, George". But it is. Oh dear. If the Countess Teresa were alive to hear this, she'd be spinning in her grave! :)

#14 THX-007

THX-007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:17 PM

This thread gave me an idea for a SNL-like sketch: Bond is fired from MI6 and has to find another job.

"What are your skills Mr. Bond?"
"Well, I have a black belt in karate, weapon expert, former Royal Navy commando, very good at driving, gambling, and seducing women."
"And how does that qualify you to work at Kinkos?"
"I'm former British spy. I think I know how to use a bloody xerox machine."
"...You're hired."

James Bond stars in his all-new adventure:

James Bond: Formerly of Her Majesty's Secret Service

#15 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

No, far too tame for teens.

#16 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

Why is everyone acting like I want to watch this [censored]? I don't, so enough already. Please.

#17 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:08 PM

Why is everyone acting like I want to watch this [censored]? I don't, so enough already. Please.

:confused:

#18 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

I don't think that anyone is suggesting this, elizabeth. Certainly not me. Rather that it is just as well you are not interested. I've not seen George in these films, and, frankly, I'd rather not.

#19 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:48 AM

Well I've seen one, but really I didn't know George was involved in this "franchise". As "AMC Hornet" said though it's not something too hardcore. It's just nudity with no scenes, in which the gentleman's area is featured.

#20 Mark_Hazard

Mark_Hazard

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

If, as THX-007 suggests, Lazenby played the plane's pilot - well, if I were a passenger, I'd be a bit concerned. "Keep your mind on the driving, keep your hand on the wheel", to borrow a line from a song from the early 1960s I recall.

Seven Little Girls? (Sitting in the back seat).

#21 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:12 AM

Seven Little Girls? (Sitting in the back seat).

That's the one Mark, by "The Avons", and it was released, I've just found out, in 1959. Certainly pre dates me. In view of the description of George Lazenby provided earlier on this thread, I thought the line from the song was, er, "apt". :)

#22 THX-007

THX-007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:15 AM

Okay, curious I downloaded one of the Emmanuelle films and, well, its soft core pørn.
George's appearance: The film I downloaded was Emmanuelle's Magic. Here George and (I guess) Emmanuelle are sitting on a plane. Their scenes are brief and only serve to bridge the different sequences that make up the "story". George looks the like he does now. Gray, slicked back hair. The dialogue between the two contain no sexual words at all. Maybe George thought he was part of an actually romantic film.
I edited together his scenes and also those from "Winter Break", a teen romantic comedy. I'll post the video sometime tomorrow.

And here it is:

Onto a different story, I bought a VHS copy of The Newman Shame (1977) off Amazon. Its pretty good! A fun, Aussie TV-movie. Feels like a pilot for a TV series because by the end I wanted more! Lazenby stars as an ex-cop named Brandy (like the drink) who's friend commits suicide after he's blackmailed. Lazenby teams up with his girlfriend Ginger (Diane Craig) to find who blackmailed him. Highly recommended for Laz fans!

Edited by THX-007, 28 September 2010 - 02:24 AM.

#23 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:29 PM

Yes, I remember seeing this back in the 1990's when I was living in Germany. These sort of movies are always on German cable TV at any time of the day.

I didn't realise it was George Lazenby at the time.

-

#24 pgram

pgram

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

Actually, I think George was very well cast in these films. Mature Emmanuelle (played by Silvia Cristel) narrates stories of her youth to a handsome, mature gentleman (I don't recall any name, but I haven't seen them recently)... Now, considering Emmanuelle is a powerful female symbol of an era, who could be better to discuss these things with than James Bond, a powerful male symbol (of another era, or of all eras...)?

George has a minor role, is not involved in any (softcore, anyway) erotic scenes (and neither is Cristel, a younger actress plays young Emmanuelle), and is (if you ask me) very good and impressive, solidifying my belief he could have been a perfect Bond for many many years to come...

Edited by pgram, 27 November 2010 - 11:27 PM.

#25 Wade

Wade

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:00 AM

So, then ... "On Her Mammaries' Secret Surface"? (I apologize in advance.)

#26 pgram

pgram

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:25 PM

So, then ... "On Her Mammaries' Secret Surface"? (I apologize in advance.)

Apology not accepted (I laughed really hard) :D

#27 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:20 AM

I remember these, though I never knew they were films. HBO alwasy presented them in hour long format, and it felt more like a series than actual films. Maybe they were films at one point that were edited into a series? I don't know, but they were a step above the other type of softcore pørn one would normally find late at night on HBO.