9 replies to this topic

#1 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

Has anyone seen these babies? At certain points during the film, on the Special Edition DVD only, if you hit OK or PLAY at certain moments, the film will pause, disappear, and then be replaced by behind the scenes footage or, in the case of the title sequence, an alternate take on the scene. I have to go back to see where all of these special features are triggered, but I know one where, when Bond is hanging on top of the Millennium Dome, right as the title sequence starts, if you hit PLAY, you will see the rejected title sequence. Also, when Q's boat launches out of MI6, there's a behind the scenens reel there as well. Has anyone else seen these? Check it out! There must be a ton of them. Found it all by accident!

#2 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:26 AM

What's the alternate title sequence like?

#3 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:38 AM

A bit more risque if memory serves me right. I'll pop in the DVD in a moment. It's been a couple years since I've watched these, but I just thought of it this evening for some reason.

Alright, I'm certain of what I'm looking at. These are rejected, unpolished images that were conceived for the title sequence, but were not used in the final product. The images are bizarre, bland at times and makes me glad that they weren't included. There are even some nude girls in front of a greenscreen dancing, blurred in all the right places but still very much exposed. The images open with girls dancing in CG oil, but there isn't a title card for THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH, instead, after opening with a group of girls in oil, it cuts to a white, psychedelic orb, which moves down the screen from the top, to the middle-left, very slowly until it explodes into flames. The flames engulf the screen and we see more psychedelic imagery, lots of oil-looking backgrounds, and just a random compilation of girls dancing and green screen work (there's a shot of a funnel gushing black liquid). All of it is unpolished. Another strange thing is that the aspect ratio changes, too. It starts out in widescreen, but then the whole screen gets filled with the pictures. I think you have to hit OK on the remote control to get it to work, but since I was hitting both PLAY and OK back and forth, it could be either. It's still interesting to look at.

For the PTS, when Bond is about to leap out of the window in the bank, hitting ok reveals story board work for the sequence. There's a bunch of this stuff embedded on the disk. Just run through the film and hit the OK button your remote to check it all out.

To access the boat chase special features, hit OK just as Bond is about to climb into the boat. You get a lot of behind the scenes filming and concept art for the boat itself and its dash, as well as story board sequences.

Another one as the holographic projection of Renard appears in MI6.

As Bond is about to take off to lead the parahawks into the trees.

You get the idea, have fun!

#4 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

I had forgotten about these. Pretty cool features.
My SE DVD is Region one and the feature is called 'The secrets of 007'. If you activate the feature a 007 icon appears on the screen when you watch the film telling you when to hit play, and access the extra's.

#5 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

I forgot about this too and a reason I am glad I kept my early releases of the films. Very much a part of DVD releases at the time. Does anybody even do Easter Eggs anymore?

#6 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

I forgot about this too and a reason I am glad I kept my early releases of the films. Very much a part of DVD releases at the time. Does anybody even do Easter Eggs anymore?

Not too much anymore. In the Blu-ray world, everything is geared toward the BD-Live features & that is how you get the extra content.

There are also some on the Die Another Day DVD where you can see Halle Berry coming out of the water in the bikini from multiple angles.

#7 captnash2

captnash2

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

am suprised that these eggs are not mentioned in the various easter egg lists online.

gonna need to rewatch my TWINE SE again for this.

#8 scissorpuppy007

scissorpuppy007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:09 PM

You can also watch all these separately (Region1 US) go to the Special features menu and then to The secrets of 007. There you can watch them all without watching the entire movie to click on the 007 logo.

#9 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

It's on the UE disc 2 too, but isolated from the film.

#10 captnash2

captnash2

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

shame the multi angle extras on the DAD SE are absent from the UE and blu ray.

press the multi angle button on your remote when the symbol comes up during the movie.

Edited by captnash2, 23 August 2010 - 09:23 AM.