9 replies to this topic

#1 Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:22 AM

The New Beverly will be showing You Only Live Twice on August 18 and 19, paired with Billion Dollar Brain.

Details here.

Neil

#2 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

Love YOLT but BDB on big screen? Damn, that's a rare one. I just might be in for that.

#3 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE is amazing on the big screen. I was fortunate enough to see it at the National Film Theatre in London in 1996, and it remains one of my most exciting cinema trips.

#4 Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

Just a reminder, this is tonight and tomorrow. I'm going tomorrow night.

Neil

#5 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

Looking forward to this tonight. If any one else is about, I'll be there for both.

#6 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:27 AM

I went tonight; didnt stay for BDB as I have a 6am con call tomorrow, but the print of YOLT was really nice, it had a very old Transamerica logo before it so it may have been an original 60s print.
They also showed a Dr No/Goldfinger double bill trailer from the mid 60s; color was off but it was a terrific trailer.
Always nice to see YOLT on the big screen!

#7 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:10 AM

I went tonight; didnt stay for BDB as I have a 6am con call tomorrow, but the print of YOLT was really nice, it had a very old Transamerica logo before it so it may have been an original 60s print.
They also showed a Dr No/Goldfinger double bill trailer from the mid 60s; color was off but it was a terrific trailer.
Always nice to see YOLT on the big screen!

Sounds like it was a lot of fun. :tup: :tup:

#8 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:04 PM

Jrc - I was there as well. I had a last minute quick meeting in BH, so it made it easy to get over there. I felt a bit over-dressed but met some fine people. The YOLT print was quite good. Fantastic to see it as it should be. I'd say the place was about 50% full and there was much appreciation. Laughs and respectful applause throughout. It really is epic to see. I'd guess it's been almost 30 years for me since I saw it on the big screen.

BDB was great fun as well. Good print. Not the best of the Palmer's IMO but Caine carries it as ever. Harry Brown is out next week here in the US on DVD and I'm anxious to see it.

Fun night and I stopped off for a wee dram and coffee at the Peninsula's bar on the way home and then got chatting with a few of the "old school" producers from Fox back in the day. Had some interesting Bond talk with them.

Anyway, a great night at the movies. :tup:

#9 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

Jrc - I was there as well. I had a last minute quick meeting in BH, so it made it easy to get over there. I felt a bit over-dressed but met some fine people. The YOLT print was quite good. Fantastic to see it as it should be. I'd say the place was about 50% full and there was much appreciation. Laughs and respectful applause throughout. It really is epic to see. I'd guess it's been almost 30 years for me since I saw it on the big screen.

BDB was great fun as well. Good print. Not the best of the Palmer's IMO but Caine carries it as ever. Harry Brown is out next week here in the US on DVD and I'm anxious to see it.

Fun night and I stopped off for a wee dram and coffee at the Peninsula's bar on the way home and then got chatting with a few of the "old school" producers from Fox back in the day. Had some interesting Bond talk with them.

Anyway, a great night at the movies. :tup:

Are you going to the Harry Brown/Get Carter double bill at the New Bev on Sunday/Monday?

#10 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

Sadly no. I'd love to see HB on the screen, but I'll see it soon enough in my living room. ;)

GC, while quite good and I enjoy just isn't a favorite. I've got it in my library but don't watch it often.

Enjoy both though and maybe we'll cross paths one of these day. Cheers. :D