SCAR.... A Bedouin giant and vicious killer
AMIN AL RASHID.... A wealthy Arab financier
GENERAL SAYYID KHADIMI.... A disparate Iraqi soldier
YASMIN.... A young beguiling accomplice
KHALIL DATTO.... Our man in Abu Dhabi
GOLD TOOTH.... Communications and media expert
DANIEL TRUDEAU.... A man with a secret
M.... The new head of the Secret Intelligence Service

This tense adventure takes Bond to Paris, Abu Dhabi and the Nineveh Plains. What starts off for Bond as a dreary search for lost Babylonian art turns into a nightmare of violence and death amid the glimmering bustle of the Emirati and the ruins of war torn Iraq.

An adventure in 28 chapters: starts
1ST AUGUST 2010

#2 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:28 AM

Bring it on, Chrisno1, bring it on!

#3 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

Bring it on, Chrisno1, bring it on!

Thanks for the vote of confidence in THOSE WHO THE GODS LOVE DIE YOUNG
As with my previous full length effort THE BLINK OF AN EYEit is a more reflective work. I've really tried hard to build on the emotions and the feelings of the characters.
Unlike THE HUMMING BIRD, which is rip roaring adventure, this one starts off quite slowly and builds the tension before increasing the pace a third of the way in and exploding into a violent final quarter.
I'm not sure it's really cut out for FanFic; most readers tend to prefer the action-driven stories.
But I'm hoping I've built a small loyal following who enjoy my work.

PUBLICATION WILL BE TWO CHAPTERS A WEEK, ON FRIDAYS AND SUNDAYS
THE FIRST CHAPTER WILL BE AVAILABLE ON 1ST AUGUST AND THE STORY WILL FINISH ON 31ST OCTOBER.

#4 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

Chris Stacey’s

Those Who the Gods Love Die Young

[attachment=11186:Cover.jpg]

starring
Ian Fleming’s James Bond OO7
A Commander Bond.net Publication

Following on from The Humming Bird and The Blink of an Eye, Chris Stacey brings you another exciting adventure in the life of agent James Bond OO7.

Bond is not enamoured with the new head of the secret service. M is equally disdainful of the Double ‘O’ Section:
“I don’t believe in hired killers. Yesterday’s world. But I can’t have a top class field agent who isn’t up to the job in hand. If I choose to shoot you out of the barrel of a gun to some far flung corner of the world, I’ll do it. But if you’re my bullet, Bond, you need to be cast in solid gold. Understood?”

Sent to Paris to examine an array of art forgeries sold by Andreas Chivry, Bond learns there is more to the businessman than fake art. Accompanied by the beautiful archaeologist Sylvia Lavoilette, Bond travels to Abu Dhabi hoping to infiltrate the strange religious world of Sargon, the ‘mad monk.’

Suddenly a dull investigation into ancient artefacts becomes a violent struggle against the odds to prevent war, death and destruction.

What has destiny got in store for James Bond?
Read it:
1/8/2010

Edited by chrisno1, 01 August 2010 - 08:18 AM.

#5 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

Sorry, readers, the first chapter of this adventure was submitted for moderation this morning (1st August) but currently has not been posted.
Hopefully it will be up and running soon. Apologies.
Chris.

#6 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:44 AM

Awesome. Hope it will be up by the time I get out of bed, something nice to read over lunch whilst my other half is watching Top Model, Private Practice etc.

#7 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

Sorry, readers, the first chapter of this adventure was submitted for moderation this morning (1st August) but currently has not been posted.
Hopefully it will be up and running soon. Apologies.
Chris.

Still waiting............

#8 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:15 PM

Fingers crossed for tommorrow.

#9 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:02 PM

UPDATE:

THOSE WHO THE GODS LOVE DIE YOUNG
JAMES BONDS LATEST FANFIC ADVENTURE
HAS HAD A SLIGHTLY CHEQUERED BEGINNING
THIS MAY BE THE RESULT OF A SMALL UPGRADE GLITCH
BUT WHATEVER THE REASON, I'M PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE FIRST CHAPTER IS FINALLY AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING
CHAPTER TWO WILL BE SUBMITTED TOMORROW MORNING

CHRIS

Edited by chrisno1, 04 August 2010 - 11:23 PM.

#10 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

I can't wait to read the next chapter - the set-up in the first installment was excellent.

#11 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

Looks like another damn good page turner, Chrisno. New directions for the world of Mr. Bond? I like. Not much of a fan of the title though but I'm sure as I get through the story it'll no doubt grow on me. That happens when I pick up a new book and the title doesn't seem to click. Half way through though I tend to appreciate it more. We'll see. Keep it coming please.

Roger

Yep. I bloody like your style mate. More please:)

HF

#12 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

Thanks for the support. It looks as if there is a going to be another long time before the next episode is published.
I'm not recieving any messages from the moderators, so I don't know who approved chapter one. This leaves me in something of a quandry as to exactly how to proceed, as it has completely thrown my publishing schedule out!
"A Packet of Morlands" will be published as and when it gets approved.
Ah well, modern technology...

#13 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

Keep trying to post the episodes as/when you were planning to, chrisno1. I suspect that this bug that's hampering accepting submissions will be sorted out in the near future.

#14 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

THOSE WHO THE GOS LOVE DIE YOUNG

While I wait for chapter two to be posted.....
A little teaser for you.....

In need of a cigarette, Bond wandered through the hotel foyer and onto the street. As he stood there, a tall, dark haired woman tottered up to him, cigarette in hand.

A slightly weak, slightly tipsy, half smile passed her lips. She remained composed. The alcohol intake did not disturb the calculating, calm, cool exterior. Bond immediately liked her, whoever she was. A woman who drinks a little is always worth investigating, he believed. It is when a woman drinks a lot that she becomes an encumbrance.

“Do you have a light?”

Bond proffered his Ronson to her Marlboro. She was a dainty girl, tall because of her high heels, very slim and encased in skin tight viscose trousers and a loose strappy top. It was all in a vibrant royal blue and sparkled with glittery threads. Her face was painted a little too heavy for Bond. She was not as young as he first thought, but her slender body showed much promise, from the rouge-red kissable lips to the plump breasts and the delicious taut backside. Appropriately the elastic of her knickers peaked over the left hip of her waistband.
When he lit her smoke, Bond noted the gold band on her wedding finger, but it did not stop him pursuing her.

"A Packet Of Morlands"
will be published soon.

Edited by chrisno1, 07 August 2010 - 11:28 AM.

#15 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

Sounds neat, chrisno1.

#16 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:01 PM

Any word on the next chapter, chrisno1?

#17 Automan

Automan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

Any word on the next chapter, chrisno1?

Posting still a problem then?

#18 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

I think it is/was, but Chapter 2 appears to be up now. And a delightful little chapter it is - very much liking this set-up. Very much a different pace of adventure to what we're used to from Chrisno1, but still very excellently written.

#19 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

Thanks guys... :)
I hadn't noticed the chapter was up (been a bit busy today)
There are some posting issues, but I havn't had any appropriate feedback from the CbnTeam yet. From my own experience, I think there is an automatic approval approx 4 days after posting. Eitehr that or a very nice moderator is refusing to take credit for their assistance!
If I hear more I will let you know. I am posting Chapter 3 today and Chpater 4 on Friday, so please watch the spaces!
Chris

#20 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

JIM is on the case and has found a solution. He has stressed the need for some patience as Qwerty (the FanFic specıalıst) is currently away. No-one does moderating full time!

CHAPTER THREE IS PUBLISHED NOW....

#21 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

Oh, excellent excellent work, Chrisno. I'm enjoying this new interpretation of Bond - the Project X-ish-ness of the whole thing is rather compelling. I'm liking the tips of the head to the other movies, the other actors. I'm picturing the actor Paul Rhys as the new M, with David Oyelowo as this new incarnation of Robinson.

#22 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:53 AM

Monsieur, with a new installment so soon, you are really spoiling us. And what an installment, this is the meat and bones of our introduction to the plot - and it's certainly written well, perfectly picturing it in my minds eye. My only criticism of the scene, should I have to have one, would be that I'd see the information that M provides to Bond on antiquity forging might have been better delivered from a 'specıalıst' - as in Diamonds are Forever with Donald Munger - such as this Gainsborough we're due to meet (tho the meeting could be delivered 'off-page', so to speak) in the forthcoming installments.

#23 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

That's a fair criticism, Terminus, and to be honest, it never occured to me.
As regards 'role models' for my characters, I generally tend not to have them. The new M was such an occasion. I will also admit that Sylvia Lavoilette is based on someone relatively famous and Yasmin is inspired by a once personal (how shall I say it?) 'acquaintance.'

As for Paul Rhys,
[attachment=11209:q.jpg]
that's interesting because my basis for M was initially the American actor Christopher Jones.
[attachment=11208:5074c.jpg]
Spot the difference????

#24 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

Yeah - role models or 'visual references' for characters are a highly individual thing. I like them - because if it's an actor that I know, I can picture the character and hear the voice in my head. It's like the person I've cast in one role in my sequel to FQAC - cast primarily because I wanted someone with a very recognisable voice and the actor, as well as being an awesome actor, fit that bill to a tee. But I understand some people don't like to 'cast' - because it potentially hampers the audience.

#25 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:44 AM

An excellent installment - can't wait until we presumably reach Paris in the next sequence.

#26 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:53 AM

UPDATE ++++++ UPDATE ++++++ UPDATE

I will be publishing 4 chapters this week as this will enable me to catch up with my original schedule...
Next episodes are due Wednesday, Friday and Sunday...

Chapter 6:

Chivry’s paw clasped his. No other word could describe those five fat fingers; they stayed so close together they were almost one single curling digit. He spoke in good, clear English: “Welcome, Monsieur Aubrey, I am greatly impressed that Christie’s have asked the British Museum to represent them at the auction...”

Chapter 7:

Without consciously thinking it, Bond had a prominent urge to seduce the girl. Something told him she would welcome the attention, even from a man she claimed to dislike. Bond caught a whiff of vanilla. Guerlain’s Insolence, he considered; a young, sensual scent...

Chapter 8:

Chivry’s face registered shock, but there was no fear, merely intrigue. His eyebrows raised a fraction. He was sitting on one of the chaise longue, leaning slightly forward, one hand resting on the top of the girl’s thigh, the finger’s itching to burrow their way under the fringe of Sylvia’s skirt.
Bond stood square, the gun aiming directly at Chivry’s chest, “Don’t think I won’t use it,” he said...

JAMES BOND IS BACK!

Edited by chrisno1, 16 August 2010 - 12:55 AM.

#27 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

You've now idea how much those extracts, however short, have got me chomping at the bit for the full chapters! This is definitely one of my Top 10 prose fanfics if the standard is kept up!

#28 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

I was about to pop in and ask when the next installment was due - and, lo and behold, the next installment is here! Huzzah! And this is, again, very good reading. We arrive in Paris and you paint the scenario very well, with the arrival at the hotel and the progress to the auction site itself, the depiction of Paris' urban sprawl and the varying buildings and landscape makes for some interesting reading and picturing for the reader. And then we meet Chivry and our, presumably, lead female - and what introductions they are, with Chivry's flipper come paw of a hand and our heroines eyewear at night.

Fabulous work. Keep it up.

#29 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

Looking forward to tonights installment.

#30 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:00 PM

Don't know when it came on line, but Chapter 7 is up now.
I'm enjoying your feedback comments, Terminus, an interesting commentary on how the novel develops for a reader! A new perspective for me :)