This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Should Goldeneye for WII have extra levels like the original?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:05 PM

the original Had Aztec and Temple I'm curious what should be in Goldeneye Wii and should they be based on the Roger Moore Films like the original (Aztec and Temple) or based perhaps on Daniel Craig's films (Perhaps Embassy shootout)

Your thoughts?

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

We already had the Embassy Shootout in Quantum of Solace, so I don't think we'll see it again, any time soon.

#3 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

Qos did not have a single player level for the embassy shootout, which it should have because it was one of the best places to have a level, maybe they figured they had enough levels from madagascar but if done right it would have been the best level in the game.

I think classic maps for both single mode and especially multiplayer would be a great idea! if i'm not mistaken i heard a rumor that when they made the origonal goldeneye they were at one point making a special map for each of 4 classic villians (so you would get to face oddjob and mayday in single player mode) but in the end they only kept the ones with Jaws and Baron Samedi

#4 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

For single player mode? I'd love to see some missions that have nothing to do with the plot. That was a great touch in the original game, I'd love to see some classic film locations turned into playable levels.

#5 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

I agree with Matt_13. The Aztec level was a very fun level.

#6 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:21 AM

I agree with Matt_13. The Aztec level was a very fun level.

Indeed, it was a good challenge. I recall being on the brink of insanity trying to beat it back in the day. After completing that, you would have expected Egyptian to have been something even harder. But as we know, it's a comedown in comparison and feels a bit like an anti-climax.