#31 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

COO7MING SOO7N

Each week I will publish 1 chapter non stop.

STAY TUNED

FOR NOW, NUFF SAID ;-)

Good luck Harry; it can take up to a week to get the chapter through the verification process.
Still, whatever; I'm overjoyed to think you're back in action...

#32 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Good point Volante. I forgot about that one. I'll be posting regularly though, not like the other ones I wrote. I want this one out there and out of me and into the world of CBn, which is why I'm finnishing the whole thing before I start posting.

That's not to say I'm rushing though.

As you can see I'm taking my time to make sure this is the best I can ever deliver.

After 6 attempts at writing a Bond story (which in a whole weren't that bad) I really believe I'm going to give readers here a blast with this one.

Honestly speaking I think I've got the ingredients just right this time.

As for what its about, lets just say I'm trying hard to get the movies GOLDFINGER & THE SPY WHO LOVED ME to pale in comparison with ROYAL GAMBIT's fun and excitement.

By the way, Volante, you're not passing through Malta are you? Christ I owe you a lot of drinks :)

#33 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

...The cards were dealt and Bond turned his over.
A five and a Queen.
Cinq,’
Bond’s heart rose.
He could feel the sweat on his palms.
He had the option to either draw or stand.
Bond decided to stand.
Practoz however asked for a third card, still smiling with devlish poise which was rather strange considering the third deal almost invariably spells disaster. He was dealt a seven of clubs and turned over his own cards as Bond held his breath...

#34 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

nice to some another except........hope that it coming soon?

#35 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

The movies GOLDFINGER & THE SPY WHO LOVED ME will pale in comparison with ROYAL GAMBIT's fun and excitement.

By the way, Volante, you're not passing through Malta are you? Christ I owe you a lot of drinks :)

Malta? Alas no. I breezed through Muscat, Abu Dhabi, and Dubai earlier this year (research you understand just research) but you were nowhere to be seen.
...and as for the drinks? I'm never one to count (although I do believe it's 007)
when we finally hit a Martini bar, it's gonna be epic.
As for Royal Gambit? bring it on buddy, I can't wait!

#36 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Renato Civitillo, a freelance arms dealer amongst other things, was a powerfully built Sicilian in his early fifties, skin dark with a silver beard and dashingly kind green eyes. There weren’t many men in Civitillo’s trade whom Bond trusted, but this particular Sicilian rogue had come highly recommended by a very close friend of Bond’s the last time he was working ultra-covert, and he had used him several times before in the past.
He wore a loosely fitting beige linen suit and white shirt open at the neck. They met in the cafeteria near the pool area.
‘James, your friend Miss Moneypenny is the dragon lady herself, no less,’ he declared in good English after ordering two strong black coffees and a croissant for himself. ‘She called me at three this morning and told me, no, ordered me, to get my ‘[censored]’ over here with these items – her words exactly. The fact that I am from Palermo and would have to wake up my poor brother-in-law, who has only one eye by the way, to bring me over here by speed boat did not sway her one bit. My sister was very, very angry to say the least.’
Bond smiled.
‘I’m sure we’re paying you considerably well for such troubles, Renato. As for your sister…’
‘Nag nag nag, James. That’s all she does. But, yes, I am sure she will get over the fact that I had to wake her up at four in the morning and steal away her husband.’

ROYAL GAMBIT

#37 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

for some reason I cant read this! in google chrome........but I hope it means it coming soon

#38 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Bloody Hell, you're back to writing?!? Great! :)

#39 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Bloody Hell, you're back to writing?!? Great! :)

MKB mon ami. How are you. It has been a long time :-) Hope all is well. Yep, I'm back to bore the socks off you all with my last outing with Monsieur Bond. (And this is definetly the last one).

It has been so much fun writing these FanFictions but I want to move on you see and try my hand at finnishing that project I started a long time ago (If I'm not mistaken I told you about it - The Great Siege One with a certain Monsieur La Valette as the protagonist).

Anyway, I hope to finnish ROYALGAMBIT soon which means it should be hitting these pages in.... well, I'd better not commit to a date.

Here's another teaser though just to show I'm working hard on it.

…When James Bond got to Practoz’s villa just before half eleven, he stopped the car in front of the high gates and waited, taking off his Oakley glasses for the CCTV cameras above. After a couple of moments the iron gates opened automatically and he drove through, stopping near the gatehouse beyond to be inspected by two men carrying shotguns which looked like Sicilian Luparas – sawn off shotguns most commonly used by the Mafia.
Bond was permitted to proceed up the gravel drive to the main building only after yielding his HK P30 for the duration of his visit. As for the NRS Scouting knife, now snugly taped to the small of his back, he cautiously decided to hold on to it, for insurance of course, considering he was entering the wolf’s lair headlong...

R O Y A L G A M B I T

#40 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

BOND IS BACK in the arms of more beautiful women and on the trail of one of the worst villains he’s ever encountered

BOND IS BACK in one of his most dangerous missions EVER

BOND IS BACK

Assigned by M to step into a world as perilous as any he has ever known and from which he may never return…

IAN FLEMING’S MASTER SPY

IS BACK

READY TO SERVE

HER MAJESTY

ONE FINAL TIME

HARRYFAWKES

IS BACK

WITH A NEW

STUNNING

THRILLER

#41 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

How are you.

Well, you know how life is :)

Yep, I'm back to bore the socks off you all with my last outing with Monsieur Bond. (And this is definetly the last one).

It has been so much fun writing these FanFictions but I want to move on you see and try my hand at finnishing that project I started a long time ago (If I'm not mistaken I told you about it - The Great Siege One with a certain Monsieur La Valette as the protagonist).

Indeed I remember that old project of yours! I can only say that after 7 Bond novels you'll have earned a well-deserved leave to write your other novel. I wish you the best of luck with that, sincerely.

Meanwhile... I'll keep an eye on this last Bond novel brewing... :)

#42 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

what the latest update on your novel? I hope we can some kind of news of your progress

#43 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Well, ok, here's an update: First and foremost I'm obviously taking my time with this one, as I've already said before of course. I like the way it's going and envision that it will soon be published exclusively on this site. Now remember this is my very last Fan-Fiction Bond novel and so I'm going to make sure it'll be something that can stand up to Carte Blanche and the other Bond novels. Yep, that's a promise. This is the big one in my book and I'm not taking any chances by posting before I am one hundred percent sure that Bond fans who take the time to read it won't feel disappointed.

So in short, still a couple of chapters left to deal with and then over to you lot for judgment day.

Having said that, it's full circle for Harry Fawkes' James Bond in that I will leave no loose ends. It'll be the absolute conclusion to my 'series'.

So untill then, here's a little teaser:

...Bond turned sharply and saw a man dressed in black lean out of the main cabin with what looked like a sub-machine gun.
‘Get down!’ he called out and threw himself onto Practoz as a hail of bullets pounded violently into the wall and glass just inches away from them.
Bond was now on top of Practoz on the floor, half way inside the large living room, bits and pieces of glass and wood flying all over the place.
‘What the hell is going on?’ Practoz screamed above the deafening blast of thrashing rotor blades as the helicopter hovered further on. Bond looked back and saw four abseiling ropes being thrown out from either side of the Augusta, and then four men in dark blue Kevlar cover-all suits and black balaclavas climb out onto the skids, armed to the teeth. Seconds later they were abseiling down into the garden.
Bond swore.
He had no weapon except for the bloody knife!
He quickly got up and helped Practoz stand.
‘Friends of yours?’ he hissed. ‘Come on, move!’

From his stunning successes in

NOBODY CHEATS DEATH

TROUBLESHOOTER

THE MOMENT BEFORE YOU DIE

MIDAS GOLD

&

CHARM THE DEVIL

IAN FLEMING’S MASTERSPY WILL BE BACK

IN

ROYAL GAMBIT

#44 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

I cant wait until it is finally here.......I will be patiently waiting! hope it comes in the next few weeks!

#45 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

ZERO.....MINUS.....TEN

#46 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

It seems to me that it coming very very soon!

#47 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

ZERO....MINUS....NINE

#48 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

ZERO.... MINUS.... EIGHT

#49 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

...Following her departure, James Bond went about his morning custom of physical exercise which, this time, lasted roughly forty minutes – ten minutes more than usual.
An energising shower and shave later, he got dressed into comfortable grey trousers, a white clover sea-island cotton shirt from Turnbull & Asser and a light weight navy blue single-breasted Blazer from Saville Row, explicitly tailored for him by Butler and Webs.
He glanced agreeably in the cheval mirror.
The tie was Benson and Cleqq, knitted and silk with military red and dark-blue broad bars against a navy blue body, impeccably tied with a Royal Cavendish knot.
Bond smiled, remembering what his father had once told him when he was just a young boy: ‘Never trust anyone who tied his tie with a Windsor knot. It showed too much vanity and was often the mark of a cad.’
Comfort played a large part in James Bond’s line of work, he observed and not for the first time, which comfort, in the end, was what made him extremely fussy about his likes and dislikes where clothes, food, cars and women were concerned.
Indeed being fussy about what he liked and disliked was what made all the difference…

#50 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

just some FAQ I want to know!

Is your novel set in 2011-2012?
Do you have a particular Bond in mind from the movies for your novel?
How many chapters will there be appropriaxtely
How old will Bond be in this novel?

#51 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

Hiya 007jamesbond.

I just popped in to put:

ZERO.... MINUS.... SEVEN

up and came across your interesting questions which I have decided to answer (Mind you, I've put up a deadline on myself to get the novel ready so I'm going to see this as a nice detour of sorts :-) ).

You got me thinking mate, whilst smoking one of my beloved Benson and Hedges on my terrace enjoying the clear blue sky and warm sun and gearing up to correct and go through what I wrote last night.

Question number 1: Is your novel set in 2011-2012?

Answer: Absolutely. It is set in 2012 (today) and is a continuation of my previous writings, therefore, Nobody Cheats Death, Troubleshooter, The Moment Before You Die and Midas Gold.

Question number 2: Do you have a particular Bond in mind from the movies for your novel?

Answer: Yes, but not one particular movie Bond mind you. You see when I'm writing I see four versions of Bond to tell you the truth. Sometimes I see Connery, sometimes it's Moore. I also see Dalton and Craig and try and envision how they would be in a certain situation. I do believe that the actors I just mentioned are the one's who impressed me most as Bond. Not that I'm saying that Brosnan or Lazenby weren't good or anything - it's just that Connery, Moore, Dalton and Craig brought something new to the character of Bond and left a powerful impression on me. So much so that every time I write a Bond fan-fic they creep up inside my mind in different scenes. I have to say unfortunately that I never see Brosnan and Lazenby. Oh, yeah, and I truly try and put something of myself into him as well (I know that might sound arrogant somewhat but its true). So you can imagine the concoction that goes on inside my head most of the time. Freud would have a field day analysing me :-).

As for Fleming's Bond (whoever that might be) yes, he's there too (I hope).

Question number 3: How many chapters will there be appropriaxtely?

Answer: Let’s just say it’s gonna be as thick as Carte Blanche (sorry I’m vague about this but I don’t want to give too much away).

Question number 4: How old will Bond be in this novel?

Answer: Round about 42 43 – same age as Craig I think (And me :-))

Thanks a million for the interest 007jamesbond and I hope I've been helpful.

See you SOO7N

Roger

#52 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

SOMETHING VERY, VERY DARK IS COMING BOND'S WAY

IN

H A R R Y F A W K E S'

R O Y A L G A M B I T

#53 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

GUESS WHO'S BACK

WITH A BLOODY VENGEANCE

AND IT'S NOT

JAMES BOND

ZERO....MINUS....SIX

#54 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

TEST POST TEST POST

#55 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

ZERO....MINUS....FIVE

Posted Image

JUST SO YOU'LL KNOW WHO YER DEALIN' WITH

;-)

#56 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

Should be coming by the end of the week! some time sunday or Monday!

#57 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

ZERO.... MINUS.... FOUR

...Shaw smiled malevolently at them as he looked up from his newspaper inside the comfortable warmth of the Jaguar.
Little did the people out there know that life was soon going to change, he pondered. Gone would be the days of free thinking, free enterprise and so-called social parity and justice. Soon, he thought, they would know what true fear in its vilest manifest would mean. A new order was at that very moment in the process of being affirmed; a new order that would revolutionise the very fundamentals of their existence itself.
It was now simply just a matter of time…

IT'S THE BIGGEST....IT'S THE BEST....IT'S JAMES BOND

AND HE'S BACK

IN HARRY FAWKES'

R O Y A L G A M B I T

HIS MOST EXCITING THRILLER

EVER

#58 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Interesting test post, Harry.
As you know I am won't post any full opinion until I've read the full work.
Suffice to say: an intriguing and contemporary begining.
- A nice sop to YOLT with 'The Times' extracts
- A nice bleak & blank 'Carte Blanche' cover
- Good to see those tricky bastards Simon Carter and Dominion finally [perhaps] being dealt with....

Can't f..... wait ! :D :D :D

#59 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Thanks Chrisno1. I really appreciate your support.

ZERO.... MINUS.... THREE

#60 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

Thanks Chrisno1. I really appreciate your support.

ZERO.... MINUS.... THREE

When the storm arrives...
...We stand together