#1 Mourning Becomes Electra

Mourning Becomes Electra

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 05:19 PM

Bond Gets Shaken Not Stirred on The New TNN

Pierce Brosnan to Host Bond at His Best Week Tuesday, Nov. 19 - Thursday, Nov. 21

New Bond-Themed On-Air Campaign to Debut

NEW YORK, Oct. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- This November, The New TNN welcomes the James Bond movie franchise to the network. In honor of the 40th anniversary of the Bond franchise and the upcoming premiere of the latest Bond film, The New TNN presents Bond At His Best week from Tuesday, Nov. 19 - Thursday, Nov. 21. Actor Pierce Brosnan, star of the 20th Bond film "Die Another Day," will host this special presentation.

The New TNN will also introduce a new on-air campaign, "James Bond for the 21st Century," featuring new bands and performers who have re-recorded the famous themes from Bond movies including GOLDFINGER, THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER. With unique interpretations, the performers have integrated classic Bond themes with a variety of musical styles, ranging from rock, to hip-hop, to jazz, to pop, to electronica and R&B. These new re-recorded songs have been cut together with Bond movie footage for a series of
innovative promotional spots.

The New TNN's Bond At His Best week features:

* Tuesday, Nov. 19 (9:00-11:30 PM, ET/PT) FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE (1964, TV-PG)

* Wednesday, Nov. 20 (9:00 PM-Midnight, ET/PT)
THE SPY WHO LOVED ME (1977, TV-PG)

* Thursday, Nov. 21 (9:00 PM-12:30 AM, ET/PT)
ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE (1969, TV-PG)

Throughout Bond At His Best week, The New TNN will offer an exclusive online sweepstakes where viewers will have the opportunity to win a limited edition (1 of only 700) Ford Thunderbird, which is featured as actress Halle Berry's automobile in the new film. Viewers will be directed to enter the sweepstakes by logging onto TheNewTnn.com.

http://www.prnewswir...01832090&EDATE=

#2 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 06:07 PM

Great news MBE.

Watch TNN closely, I have no promises, but I was interviewed by them at the BCW5 in San Francisco. The shot quite a bit of film with me and the Jag.

I hope this push by TNN reaps more PR for Bond.

Very cool that Pierce is in on it as well.

#3 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 11:31 PM

Ooooh....I get to see two of my favorite men on TNN...I think I am going to have to watch that station more often.

-- Xenobia

#4 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 01:31 AM

Originally posted by Xenobia
Ooooh....I get to see two of my favorite men on TNN...-- Xenobia

My dear Xen - flattery will get you everywhere! The producer of the segments assured me she would email me if I made the final cut.

There was one bit with a few "street racer" guys that should have been in TFATF. These three guys chatted me up on what kind of engine/power I had under the Jag's hood.

At the end of it, one said something to the effect of "So you wear the tux, drive the bad-*** wheels..what about the babes?"

I signaled Flicka who was standing just off camera and she immediately walked into my arms. I gave the boys a curious look and said "Where are yours?"

I hope to see that moment.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 05:43 AM

Hell! How do I get those remixes? I really want them!

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 03:12 PM

Here's another TV event:

This Wed. November 6 at 8PM on cable channel AMC (American Movie Classics) we have "BOND GIRLS ARE FOREVER," an "AMC original special."

#7 bonded56

bonded56

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 07:00 PM

There may be some promo spots before the movies start airing. I updated a thread recently about Brosnan on BRAVO Channel and the TONIGHT SHOW with Leno and Halle on LATE SHOW with Letterman. I also see that Brosnan and Halle are both scheduled to be on the TODAY SHOW on Tuesday November 4.

http://forums.comman...p?threadid=5520

#8 bonded56

bonded56

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 07:05 PM

OOPS! Tuesday is November 5 not November 4. Sorry!

#9 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 09:06 PM

It will be interesting to have OHMSS playing the day before DAD opens. OHMSS was never a favourite with the casual fans. The movies are being played to promote DAD and people will be watching to see what all this "james bond fuss" is about. Now "we" know that OHMSS is a great film but will all those "other people" be as hooked on Bond to go and see the film?