9 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 04:13 PM

Watching The Amazing Race last night I saw a promo spot for the network premiere of TWINE on Sunday night (11/3/02) on CBS. That means a nice ad in TV Guide.

#2 007_JamesBond

007_JamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 06:55 PM

oh yes November 3rd, I will defenitely be watching

#3 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 07:00 PM

It got its network premiere a year ago on terrestrial here (before it was on cable). Nice to know we can be ahead of the US occasionally.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 07:07 PM

I hear ya, marktmurphy, I can't belive it took 3 years to make it to TV. I assumed I had missed it.

#5 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 07:12 PM

I shudder at the idea of how they might butcher it.

Sophie will probably have a CGI nightgown on during the bedroom scenes.

#6 Mourning Becomes Electra

Mourning Becomes Electra

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 07:20 PM

Well CBS didn't cut out the TND Danish Prof rear shots, or Paris' dress drop, so Sophie and TWINE should be relatively unscathed. :) CBS does a much better job of editing than NBC does with Goldeneye (which will be repeated later on in Nov) or ABC. Until a few months ago TWINE was still playing on heavy rotation on the premium cable stations, it seemed to be on at least every other week. I gather CBS had to wait until the cable run was over, and then wait a few more months so it would be "new" again for the network premiere and timed perfectly for the release of DAD..

#7 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 07:31 PM

How long do films take to come on to the networks over there? Unless there's been a dodgy deal (as ITV has with the Bonds since TND) or the channel has produced the film (filmfour and occasionally the BBC) it takes three years for films to be shown on network tv over here.

#8 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 08:42 PM

Originally posted by marktmurphy
How long do films take to come on to the networks over there? Unless there's been a dodgy deal (as ITV has with the Bonds since TND) or the channel has produced the film (filmfour and occasionally the BBC) it takes three years for films to be shown on network tv over here.

Three years is about what it takes over here also. If I'm not mistaken, it took TND until this year to premier on the network. CBS had rights to it a year or two before at least from what I read and just never showed it.

As far as Zencat's mentioning TV Guide ads, there are at least two. One with a close-up box showing a picture of Pierce and the film's description and an ad with the poster artwork. I'm hoping there will be other blurbs and pics in my local papers and such. Just what I need, more clutter.

#9 Mourning Becomes Electra

Mourning Becomes Electra

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 10:04 PM

TND has actually been on CBS before this last airing, twice I think.

#10 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 11:27 PM

OK....so if James bonding with Elektra isn't going to get cut....what will hit the chopping block.

Here's hoping some of the submarine sequence gets chopped, and some of Dr. Jones' whining in the cave sequence.

-- Xenobia