114 replies to this topic

#91 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

Assuming the title of the article, it sounds like tie-in.

#92 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

I have a feeling that we'll get a third person stand alone Bond game later this year. After quite obviously seeing footage a few months ago. The Bond 23 tie in game is something entirely different. We probably won't have any footage from it yet, considering there's no script for the movie. We'll be getting two Bond games. One this year and one next year. :)

#93 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

I have a feeling that we'll get a third person stand alone Bond game later this year. After quite obviously seeing footage a few months ago. The Bond 23 tie in game is something entirely different. We probably won't have any footage from it yet, considering there's no script for the movie. We'll be getting two Bond games. One this year and one next year. :)

Lovely! Plenty to keep me busy (besides university study!)

#94 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

Well that is really just speculation, they could be releasing Raven's game alongside the film like they did with NightFire - do we really think there will be another two games in the next two years? Activision may want to play it safer and wait til Bond 23 so the film will support the sales.

I think that article just refers to the Raven game, just cos it says tie, in it doesn't necessarily mean it will be based on the film and I don't think they will have another studio working on a 2012 game.

Of course I hope you're correct :D but I don't really think it'll happen.

Edited by PeteNeon, 12 January 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#95 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:11 PM

To complicate things further, there's a fresh rumor floating around today Raven is working on the next Modern Warfare.

http://www.411mania....ors-Surface.htm

Bond and Modern Warfare this year. I doubt that.

#96 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

Pretty sure that Modern Warfare 3 will be out next year, set before the events of the first two.

#97 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

To complicate things further, there's a fresh rumor floating around today Raven is working on the next Modern Warfare.

Well that can't be good for Bond, though it does show Activision's respect for the studio. Hopefully we get to see their vision of 007 sometime in the near future.

#98 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

Pretty sure that Modern Warfare 3 will be out next year, set before the events of the first two.

hmmm i don't know the sledghammer game will more than likely get released at end of year maybe its the prequal. but as of ravensoft making a call of duty game well i don't see it happening i mean they made DLC maps of course but a full length game. it would of been announced already if they were so i doubt they are. hopefully this bond game they are working on is good but it seems like game companies just make a crappy version just to make an easy buck of it. time will tell eh?

#99 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

Also just saw the IGN article. I think I'm done with tie in games. A fresh adventure written by Feirstein is way more exciting. Why would I want to play through the events of a movie...?

#100 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

It doesn't say they're making the next Modern Warfare, it suggests they're making a COD. What we know so far is that Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games are both making COD games, it had been suggested that Sledgehammer were making the MW prequel but I think that'll probably be Infinity Ward. The Sledgehammer game was touted for a release this year.

Anyway the point is this year's COD won't be the Raven one so it's still possible the Bond game could come out this year - it looks like they were quite far ahead in development, they could have been polishing it off since it was last put back in development. Activision could release it this year or leave it and release it in 2012 with the film - again do we really think there are two Bond games in development? The "tie-in" is likely this game surely?

#101 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

It doesn't say they're making the next Modern Warfare, it suggests they're making a COD. What we know so far is that Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games are both making COD games, it had been suggested that Sledgehammer were making the MW prequel but I think that'll probably be Infinity Ward. The Sledgehammer game was touted for a release this year.

Anyway the point is this year's COD won't be the Raven one so it's still possible the Bond game could come out this year - it looks like they were quite far ahead in development, they could have been polishing it off since it was last put back in development. Activision could release it this year or leave it and release it in 2012 with the film - again do we really think there are two Bond games in development? The "tie-in" is likely this game surely?

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/709898/Call-Of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-3-Is-Being-Developed-By-Sledgehammer-Games-And-Infinity-Ward.html well i think it is getting worse now because of this bit of news as well them confirming the ravensoft is doing multiplayer and Sledgehammer doing single player. sounds like how the New Medal of Honor was made. I hope bond games comes out good and this year released

#102 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:48 PM

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/709898/Call-Of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-3-Is-Being-Developed-By-Sledgehammer-Games-And-Infinity-Ward.html well i think it is getting worse now because of this bit of news as well them confirming the ravensoft is doing multiplayer and Sledgehammer doing single player. sounds like how the New Medal of Honor was made. I hope bond games comes out good and this year released

Uh oh.

#103 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

Yep I guess we'll be waiting til next year then, it probably makes more sense, Blood Stone bombed and I think Activision would prefer to wait til the film comes out to give it a better chance.

#104 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

I will be absolutely shocked if this game gets made. Activision is just like MGM: a disaster. Now we all we have to wait for is the mediocre tie in. Terrific.

#105 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

The tie in is most probably this game! I dont think there were two more games in development in addition to Blood Stone and GoldenEye. Perhaps development/polish will resume after MW3 ships, although the article did mention that the tie in has resumed development - I don't think a movie specific tie in seperate from the Raven game would've been in development before this year, so they are probably referring to the Raven game.

#106 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

I'm pretty positive the tie in is something different entirely. They couldn't be that far along on a movie tie in without a script existing. Besides, they usually only spend about a year on tie in games. The demo footage we saw was relatively polished so it's not exactly something was just gearing up. The sales for Blood Stone have been terrible, in fact I think it is the worst selling Bond game of all time. The odds of us seeing another TPS anytime soon are not too great. The tie in we'll be getting at the end of next year will no doubt be a FPS. Unfortunately, Activision is far more concerned about their COD cash cow to give Bond much notice, especially with IW being a mess. I don't know. Things aren't looking great.

#107 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

I will be absolutely shocked if this game gets made. Activision is just like MGM: a disaster. Now we all we have to wait for is the mediocre tie in. Terrific.

I don't know i mean the game footage that we've seen looked like it was pretty far along from my guess so i would say it would never get released but delayed again like MGM has done .

#108 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

Re: Bloodstone being a poor seller - I don't know, it's been in the Top 25 (if not the Top 10) of every computer store I've been into in the last few months when I was looking at getting a PS3. It might not have done stellar in the first month, but it looks like it could have been a slow burner - steady and longlasting sales as opposed to stellar and fast burning.

#109 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

Re: Bloodstone being a poor seller - I don't know, it's been in the Top 25 (if not the Top 10) of every computer store I've been into in the last few months when I was looking at getting a PS3. It might not have done stellar in the first month, but it looks like it could have been a slow burner - steady and longlasting sales as opposed to stellar and fast burning.

On that note though, the game has been on-sale in at least one place at a time for the past two months. Retaining price is usually a solid sign of sales. I do enjoy your sunny disposition though.

#110 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

I'm pretty positive the tie in is something different entirely. They couldn't be that far along on a movie tie in without a script existing. Besides, they usually only spend about a year on tie in games. The demo footage we saw was relatively polished so it's not exactly something was just gearing up.

The articles confirming the development of the tie in said it was resuming development, not that it was just starting (http://www.mi6.co.uk...=7&t=mi6&s=news). Also, the Raven game was never officially announced so an article like the IGN one (http://uk.ps3.ign.co.../1143610p1.html) is just confirming that a game will be coming out, not that it's just began development.

I should imagine the Raven game is all we'll be getting in the next two years, and that it'll be out around the time of the film. Tie in doesn't necessarily mean based on the film!!! NightFire + Die Another Day is an example. I think the game was pretty far in development because it was planned to be released with a 2011 film, but obviously that isn't going to happen so they've bumped it back to next year.

Additionally, the rumours of Raven working on COD stem back to last Summer, the Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer could've been mistaken as "Black Ops map packs" (http://www.videogame..._map_packs.html). Raven could've been developing MW3 for at least 8 months, and some of them have now moved onto the Bond third person shooter. They've got almost 2 years until the game releases, I think they'll be able to finish it in that time.

That's how I interpret it anyway :D

Edited by PeteNeon, 22 January 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#111 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

...Alright fair enough. I forget that a tie in game doesn't necessarily have to follow the same plot as the film. Speaking of Nightfire, when you enter Drake's castle in Austria and enter the ballroom where he's about to address the guests, you can hear a few bars of the DAD score on the piano. Always enjoyed that.

#112 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

But i would certantly prefer 2 games one this year from Raven and a Bond 23 tie in (following the plot of the film) in 2012

#113 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

I don't know if this has any relevance what so ever but it may imply that the previously seen game is still around...

http://www.gamespot....ws/6298281.html

Edited by Chief of SIS, 09 February 2011 - 07:32 PM.

#114 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

What we saw of that video definitely looked like Unreal Engine. I think Splinter Cell Conviction used it as well. It's a bit dated but it runs well. Hope that game sees the light of day.

#115 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:06 AM

What we saw of that video definitely looked like Unreal Engine. I think Splinter Cell Conviction used it as well. It's a bit dated but it runs well. Hope that game sees the light of day.

It's not dated at all. They continue to update it. It's one of the best engines on the market actually. The best (at least as far as visuals go) is CryEngine 3. All the Splinter Cell games have used Unreal.