007 exhibition week to run from 29 May to 6 June

#2 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

Damm won't be able to go during those dates, but I'm going there on 20th of June, the Aston from QOS has been a sitter there for a couple of years now so it should still be there when I go B)

#3 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:15 PM

Damm won't be able to go during those dates, but I'm going there on 20th of June, the Aston from QOS has been a sitter there for a couple of years now so it should still be there when I go B)

I should be able to drive again by begining of June; so aim to visit.
However I'm also going to be in Keswick end of June; so may well catch the display at the cars n stars museum

#4 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

I should be able to drive again by begining of June; so aim to visit.
However I'm also going to be in Keswick end of June; so may well catch the display at the cars n stars museum

Nice one Volante, be sure to get us some pictures ayy?

Also, (I believe it's being held on 15th August this year) is the BMW festival there.
I went last year and the year before, and what can say but WOW. The opportunity to drive round the Aston Martin test track with plenty of 'Munich's finest metal' is not to be missed.

If only my BMW was as nice as some of the lovely gentlemen I have met, that are part of http://forum.darkline.org.uk/

Forgive me for going slightly off topic. :/ :/

#5 Automan

Automan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:59 AM

What cars will be at the museum? and will they be taken from the Stars and Cars place in Keswick?
OR are there more than one example of the cars????

#6 Mark_Hazard

Mark_Hazard

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

What cars will be at the museum? and will they be taken from the Stars and Cars place in Keswick?
OR are there more than one example of the cars????

If you were to click on the link at the top of the page, it would reveal that:

"Some of these notable vehicles will include the Aston Martin DBS from Daniel Craig’s Quantum of Solace and Bond’s Aston Martin Vanquish and Zao’s Jaguar XKR from Pierce Brosnan’s Die Another Day."

Versions of these same cars are at The Bond Museum in Keswick - along with a multitude of others: http://www.thebondmuseum.com/ - after that plug Peter, I hope my cheques in the post. B)

#7 RufusCobb

RufusCobb

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

There are indeed only those three cars. It's only an hour up the road from me and yet I've never been to it before, so this was the perfect excuse. I took a couple of days off work and drove up there today.

Luckily it was a lot quieter than I thought it would be, (it's half-term isn't it?). Anyway, I got loads of good photos of the three cars. Well, as good as I can do, I'm no professional and only have a semi-decent camera. I've been to the museum in Keswick but they didn't have the QOS Aston and the Jag on display then, so I couldn't compare them.

There are eighty-nine photos and they come to 129MB, so I don't want to shrink them down and try posting them individually on the site ... but if one of the mods would like to try and explain to me how to upload that amount of pictures, then I'd be happy to share them. Or I could send them a CD and then they could provide links to the pictures.

Also my cough Holiday photos of KESWICK cough.