This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What if Craig left because of the delay and Eon got Dalton back?

35 replies to this topic

#1 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:40 AM

C'mon, it had to be done B)

Personally, although he is older,with a slight hairpiece I think Dalton looks today more Bondish than Brosnan does.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:21 AM

Believe it or not after Goldeneye came out, despite the fact that I liked Brosnan in the role I secretly wished Dalton would come back. That boat sailed a long time ago.

* Waits for some funny man to start one of these threads in the Moore forum Edit- It appears someone already has.

#3 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:26 AM

C'mon, it had to be done B)

Personally, although he is older,with a slight hairpiece I think Dalton looks today more Bondish than Brosnan does.

He always did.

#4 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:34 AM

B)

#5 Lachesis

Lachesis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:45 AM

I'd have loved to see Dalton take on a script like GE and see what he brought to it (in some ways it would have been like him covering the 3 ages of Bond etc). He has aged well imo, as Bond brought out of retirement with a script geared to his capabilities it is do-able methinks.

Liam Neeson, who I very much appreciate, carried Taken well and he's never looked young enough for action (check him out in Excalibur if you don't believe me ^^)

#6 Dr. Metz

Dr. Metz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:57 PM

When i looked at Dalton's picture, i thought he was around 54-57. Turns out hes 64, never would have guessed.

Edited by Dr. Metz, 21 April 2010 - 04:55 PM.

#7 Drax Industries

Drax Industries

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

I would jump for joy if Eon did that. I know it'll never happen, they'll never get rid of the commercially enticing property that is Craig, but Dalton's Bond, for me, is as definitive as it gets and besides, I suppose in someways Craig is going in a direction similar to Timothy's. Classy, with a mean streak and possibly even a borderline psychotic disorder.

#8 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

Now for some reason this isn't funny. I can actually see Dalton back in the role.

#9 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

Lmfao. This has gone too far now. :tdown:

But still highly amusing. B)

#10 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

It would be a simple matter to create a rumour about Tim or Pierce returning to the role and have it picked up as a legitimate scoop. The trick, as SNF pointed out, is not to use fan contractions like QoS. I would add that the real trick to passing youself off a a legitimate journalist is to get your details wrong, as in:

"Timothy Dalton will once again strap on the old Beretta..."
or
"We'll be seing Pierce Brosnan back behind the wheel of his Q branch Bentley..."
or
"From the producers who brought you such classics as Goldfinger, The Spy Who Loved Me and Never Say Never Again..."
or simply refer to the next film as 'the 24th in the Bond series."

But don't use more than one - that would be a giveaway that the author is putting it on.

#11 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:18 PM

When "Hot Fuzz" came out, watching it I thought Dalton could still pull of an older Bond. "Taken" is a good example.

I still think he would work as M. I know, I know.... but, unlike Connery, he's not infamous. It would be an homage without stealing the show.

#12 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:24 PM

Lmfao. This has gone too far now. :tdown:

But still highly amusing. B)

It was too far before I started the post :tdown:

Realistically, I would love to see Dalton in a new version of The Equalizer

#13 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:43 AM

It would be a scenario too crazy to happen, but I'd love to see Dalton in something of a straight sequel to LTK, where Bond, after deciding to retire after the events of that film (despite M wanting him back) needs to come back for ONE! FINAL! MISSION! You know it could be great.

Gadgets include a remote-controlled wheelchair, a crutch that can be turned into a laser-sword by tapping it six times into the ground. Special guest appearance by the ghost of Desmond Llewelyn delights fans everywhere.

#14 Attempting Re-entry

Attempting Re-entry

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

I still think he would work as M. I know, I know.... but, unlike Connery, he's not infamous. It would be an homage without stealing the show.

That would be absolutely superb.

#15 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:28 AM

He's too old. Sneesh, people think my ideas are bad.

#16 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

Maybe that's because this is just a theoretical, not a serious idea?

#17 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

Dalton as "M" - why not? Seriously.

#18 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

Not in an official film, but I would love to see Dalton in an action film that references Bond. Sort of like The Rock did with Sean.

#19 Lachesis

Lachesis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 394 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Dalton as "M" - why not? Seriously.

I could see this work well in fact, Dalton's 'M' as a former agent might be ironically self referencing as well as a bridge to old fashioned kinds of 'espionage' Fleming's era called upon but today might be frowned upon "We're going to do this the old fashioned way, just don't get caught out!"......as the actress said to the Bishop!

#20 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

Dalton playing M though cool would give those people who think Bond is a codename and every actor is a different person another argument. I think people started thinking the codename thing when Laz acknowledged it slyly in his outing, now suddenly people who have not read the books think so and it really bugs me.

#21 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

Dalton playing M though cool would give those people who think Bond is a codename and every actor is a different person another argument. I think people started thinking the codename thing when Laz acknowledged it slyly in his outing, now suddenly people who have not read the books think so and it really bugs me.

Agreed. I don't think a previous Bond should ever appear in a Bond film because the general public will think of it as nothing more than a gimick.

#22 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

What if Craig left because of the delay and Eon got Dalton back?

Posted Image

No, seriously, I wouldn't mind.B)

#23 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

I'd support a Dalton return to the role. Actually, having Dalton return to the role after Craig would be about the only thing that would get me excited about a future Bond film not starring Daniel Craig.

#24 Jose

Jose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:39 PM

I'd support a Dalton return to the role. Actually, having Dalton return to the role after Craig would be about the only thing that would get me excited about a future Bond film not starring Daniel Craig.

My thoughts exactly.

Dalton returning, however impossible it may be, sure would be fantastic, to say the least.

#25 john.steed

john.steed

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

.... but, unlike Connery, he's not infamous. It would be an homage without stealing the show.

I could say calling Connery famous, but infamous???

#26 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:14 AM

.... but, unlike Connery, he's not infamous. It would be an homage without stealing the show.

Well I would say he is as infamous as any other living actor out there.

#27 KENDO NAGAZAKI

KENDO NAGAZAKI

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:27 AM

It would be a scenario too crazy to happen, but I'd love to see Dalton in something of a straight sequel to LTK, where Bond, after deciding to retire after the events of that film (despite M wanting him back) needs to come back for ONE! FINAL! MISSION! You know it could be great.

I'm sold. MAKE IT SO!!!!

All Bond could ever be after Dalton was tribute acts. Every type of portrayal had been done. All we've had since or will have will be either straight-ahead imitations of previous better Bonds or combo-jobs of a couple of the other Bond actors mashed together. Bringing back the definitive serious Bond in Dalton for one more stint of mature badassery in the vein of Liam Neeson's turn in Taken holds far more appeal to me than the prospect of Babs and her "Bond can win Oscars" wannabe-luvvie daydreamers hoisting another sloppy, bad-dialogued, badly-scored, dramatically amateur and inconsistent LOLZ-generation baiting mishmash upon us. Someone needs to plonk Justin Lee Collins into the nearest car and set the Sat Nav to "DALTON". Bring the bugger back!!!! B)

And a decent composer and a new M with him.

#28 OHMSS Spion

OHMSS Spion

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:35 AM

Not in an official film, but I would love to see Dalton in an action film that references Bond. Sort of like The Rock did with Sean.

He has done a role referencing his time as Bond, but I doubt many people here have seen it: Looney Toons: Back in Action. He plays Damien Drake, a spy whose cover is an actor who does spy movies. It was quite amusing to see Dalton play a Bond-like role with a lot of comedy.

#29 john.steed

john.steed

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

Well I would say he is as infamous as any other living actor out there.

Why?

#30 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:24 AM

Count me in on this one. I'm all for Timothy returning after Craig. :)