67 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:33 AM

Anyone been watching the playoffs? My team isn't in the playoffs but so far they have been quite exciting during the first round.

What do you think about the Vancouver's Sedin getting the goal called back for kicking the puck in?

Or for that matter all the other goals called back this year from video replay? Who's going to win the cup? Anyone in a hockey pool?

#2 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:20 AM

I've decided to back the Sharks, I'm currently watching Game 3 right now. It's tied one/one, probably going to go into overtime.

#3 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:32 AM

I've decided to back the Sharks, I'm currently watching Game 3 right now. It's tied one/one, probably going to go into overtime.

Good call backing the Sharks they are exciting to watch. I'm currently watching the game too and it is going to overtime now. Let's hope the Sharks don't have the same result as the last overtime, if you saw that game.

#4 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:04 AM

Joe Pavelski just scored in OT to tie the series at 2-2. Great goal. No chance for Craig Anderson.

#5 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:15 AM

Living this close to Hockeytown, you gotta know I'm watching the playoffs and supporting the Red Wings.

#6 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

Detroit won last night.

#7 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

It's been a GREAT series so far between the San Jose Sharks and my Colorado Avalanche..too bad we lost last night!! :tdown: Oh well, time for us to go back to San Jose and steal a game back at the Shark Tank!! B)

#8 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

It's been a GREAT series so far between the San Jose Sharks and my Colorado Avalanche..too bad we lost last night!! :tdown: Oh well, time for us to go back to San Jose and steal a game back at the Shark Tank!! B)

Avalanche's goalie has definitely been standing on his head lately. Great series to watch.

#9 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

Unfortunately my team has the longest active streak of not making the playoffs B)

#10 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

Unfortunately my team has the longest active streak of not making the playoffs B)

Panthers?

#11 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

Panthers?

Yes Sir

#12 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:44 PM

They had that good run back in 96' I believe when they went to the finals against Colorado. But your right, ever since that they haven't done much. Hey, the Leafs aren't in the playoffs either so we are in the same boat.

#13 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

Tonight's games and current series scores.

#14 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

Bruins fan by heart, gotta go with them! They beat the Sabres in Game 2.

#15 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

Boston leads the series 2-1. Game 4 is tonight.

#16 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

Joe Pavelski just scored in OT to tie the series at 2-2. Great goal. No chance for Craig Anderson.

It was a good goal too. Of course what I found more interesting was Danny Boyle scoring the first goal of the game and making up for his flub in the previous game.

#17 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:47 PM

It was a good goal too. Of course what I found more interesting was Danny Boyle scoring the first goal of the game and making up for his flub in the previous game.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that go in.

#18 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:18 AM

They had that good run back in 96' I believe when they went to the finals against Colorado. But your right, ever since that they haven't done much. Hey, the Leafs aren't in the playoffs either so we are in the same boat.

Yeah.. but at least you guys have a great fan base up there in Toronto. We only draw about 13000 average a night down here and it does go up when teams such as Montreal, Boston, Detroit and Toronto come down.

#19 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:23 AM

Wonderful little hole the Sabres have dug themselves into...

#20 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:44 AM

What? The overtime goal Boyle shot on his own net that went in or the first goal he got in last nights game? It was a good goal by all accounts, Colorado screwed themselves up by getting the penalty on...THE OPENING FACEOFF.

#21 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:12 PM

Yeah.. but at least you guys have a great fan base up there in Toronto. We only draw about 13000 average a night down here and it does go up when teams such as Montreal, Boston, Detroit and Toronto come down.

Yes even if we finish last for the next 20 seasons we will still be sold out every night with 20,000 people.

Very deep hole.

What? The overtime goal Boyle shot on his own net that went in or the first goal he got in last nights game? It was a good goal by all accounts, Colorado screwed themselves up by getting the penalty on...THE OPENING FACEOFF.

Boyle OT shot. But yes that penalty right at the beginning of the games didn't help Colorado at all. High stick wasn't it?

All and all very exciting first round. Vancouver hung on last night for the win.

#22 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

It is a very pretty hole... B)

Edited by elizabeth, 22 April 2010 - 11:22 PM.

#23 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:27 AM

I'm backing the Phoenix Coyotes

#24 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:22 AM

Sharks did it again pulling ahead of Colorado in the series 3-2. I was bowling with friends so I didn't watch the game but I stayed updated by texting my dad. All they gotta do now is win the game on Saturday to move on!

#25 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

5-0 blowout by the damn Sharks agains my Avalanche!! B) It really did NOT help that once again Milan Hejduk was out of the line-up... Come on Avs, we gotta get it done in Game 6 back at the Pepsi Center!! :tdown:

#26 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:20 PM

Anybody watch the 3 OT game Pens vs Sens? The longest of the playoffs so far. End to end action in that game. Sens ended up taking it.

#27 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:18 AM

Anybody watch the 3 OT game Pens vs Sens? The longest of the playoffs so far. End to end action in that game. Sens ended up taking it.

Nah I watched a movie last night, but I am watching the Sabres Bruins game. As great an effort that Boston is putting forth, Buffalo is just doing a better job on defense. Some of the shots I just saw came so close to going in.

#28 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:23 AM

Montreal forces a game 7 and Boston moves on to the second round. Just need Chicago to win tonight to win some money. 2/3 so far. 4-3 Chicago in the second.

#29 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:50 AM

Chicago is though to the second round! Won some money on tonight's games.

#30 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:28 AM

Well, Detroit just crushed Phoenix tonight; they're moving onto round two. Against the Sharks...a team I swore I was going to back. This could be a huge conflict of interest as I am pulling for both teams.

Oh well, it's still going to be an interesting series.