13 replies to this topic

#1 tim partridge

tim partridge

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

Don't you think it would be interesting if someone like McClory could make another unofficial 007 remake of Thunderball to see us through the gap?

Pierce Brosnan returns to the franchise, no DB5, no Walther PPKs, no Norman Barry theme music.

A Bond film that is ALLOWED to have no title sequence. B)

How about this for fantasy casting? :tdown: :

James Bond
PIERCE BROSNAN

Domino
MEGAN FOX

Largo
JEAN RENO

Fatima Volper
MONICA BELLUCI

Blofeld
STELLAN STARSGARD

M
EILEEN ATKINS

Algy
IAN MCNEICE

Moneypenny
FREEMA AGYEMAN

Directed by Roland Emmerich, maybe?

etc

What would the gym of 2010 look like? Disco Volante? What aircraft would the villains pinch?

How further could they stray from Bond formula than NSNA? What would you like to see happen in it? Would it be a hit in the Craig era?

No doubt that this could never ever happen (I think) but sometimes I do wonder what an unofficial Bond film from now would be like.

Edited by tim partridge, 20 April 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#2 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

Certainly not a third Thunderball..
Pierce and Megan? Really? B)

BTW - anything with Jean Reno in it is good in my book apart from this scenario.
Why did you choose a film, that´s already been made twice?

Edited by Germanlady, 20 April 2010 - 09:04 PM.

#3 tim partridge

tim partridge

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

I was just thinking of the McClory situation, which I think would make it rather amusing. Those rumours from ten years ago about Emmerich making Warhead2000, which I believe was yet another Thunderball remake (please correct me if wrong).

I love the idea of Roland Emmerich downsizing from blowing up special effect cities to having Brosnan fight in that quaint English village gym, with someone like Vinnie Jones in the Pat Roach role. Don't tell me everyone who visits this forum wouldn't pay to see that! B) Twould be truly fascinating.

Eileen Atkins or Miriam Margoyles as M!

Herb Alpert could play the brass on the title song (who'd sing it and who'd do the music score)?

#4 Dr. Metz

Dr. Metz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

If a Thunderball remake with Brosnan was made, i would get rid of Megan Fox and let Bond have a Walther.

#5 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:48 PM

Herb Alpert could play the brass on the title song

Could? Should! It's an 'unofficial' Bond film tradition. B)

#6 tim partridge

tim partridge

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

Yes, that's so true about Alpert! I wonder how he ended up on both NSNA and CR.

I like the idea of a title song by Sergio Mendes and Will I.Am, featuring Alpert on brass. That would be a good way to shoehorn in the one piece of unofficial 007 iconography. B)

I like the idea of a female M too, just to acknowledge the Dench era of M.

What car or bike would Bond drive this time?

#7 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

I already posted this under "What if Dalton Returned," but this seems to be the proper place for it:

Keeping in mind that ALL 007 properties are back under one ownership now, and that nobody can make a rogue or one-off production, it would still take little effort to convince the unwashed masses that this could happen.

It would be a simple matter to create a rumour about Tim or Pierce returning to the role and have it picked up as a legitimate scoop. The trick, as SNF pointed out, is not to use fan contractions like QoS. I would add that the real trick to passing youself off a a legitimate journalist is to get your details wrong, as in:

"Timothy Dalton will once again strap on the old Beretta..."
or
"We'll be seing Pierce Brosnan back behind the wheel of his Q branch Bentley..."
or
"From the producers who brought you such classics as Goldfinger, The Spy Who Loved Me and Never Say Never Again..."
or simply refer to the next film as 'the 24th in the Bond series."

But don't use more than one - that would be a giveaway that the author is putting it on.

#8 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:18 PM

McClory's estate still own the Thunderball film rights. So, a rogue Bond film is still possible. In theory, at least.

But wouldn't it be interesting if Eon themselves bought the film rights and produced their own Thunderball remake with Daniel Craig, independent of MGM?

#9 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

McClory's estate still own the Thunderball film rights. So, a rogue Bond film is still possible. In theory, at least.

But wouldn't it be interesting if Eon themselves bought the film rights and produced their own Thunderball remake with Daniel Craig, independent of MGM?

now THAT is an interesting thought

#10 Donovan Mayne-Nicholls

Donovan Mayne-Nicholls

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:06 AM

I'd rather have a 6-year gap again than yet another bad Thunderball remake. Back in '83 I was dumb enough to favour quantity over quality and I thought 13 films weren't enough. Also, I couldn't just watch Thunderball again any time I wanted.

#11 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:11 AM

I'd accept an unnoficial GoldenEye remake. A 60 yr old Pierce as Bond, Anne Hathaway as Xenia, Charlize Theron as Natalya, Dougray Scott as Alec :tdown: B)

Funny idea Tim!

#12 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:08 AM

EON does not have to remake NSNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:56 AM

now THAT is an interesting thought

Even though I have pretty close to zero interest in seeing another THUNDERBALL remake, the thought of EON making their own "rogue" James Bond movie would be pretty hilarious. B)

I do think, though, that they could make a film that only takes the central premise of THUNDERBALL (the hijacking of the warheads) and then goes off in a completely different direction so that it felt much more fresh than a second straight-up remake of THUNDERBALL would.

#14 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

Domino
MEGAN FOX

Start running.

I'm deadly serious. Pick a direction and start running before one of us finds you.