This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

John Gardner 30th Anniversary Editions

311 replies to this topic

Poll: Gardner reprints?

Would you like to see John Gardner 30th Anniversary reprints in 2011?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#301 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

Oh, thanks Simon, but I don't think it's a problem that warrants involving IFP. I can always read one of the dozen other copies have in the collection. :P

#302 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:29 AM

If these ever get done, I hope IFP contacts me to do a foreword for For Special Services. It'll never happen but I'm just throwing it out there. :P

#303 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:51 AM

John Gardner Passed Away 3 Years Ago Today

#304 Simg

Simg

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

Oh, thanks Simon, but I don't think it's a problem that warrants involving IFP. I can always read one of the dozen other copies have in the collection. :P

Sorry just being a litle bit sarcastic at the moment!

John Gardner Passed Away 3 Years Ago Today

Thanks for remembering he is missed by many

RIP Dad

SRJG

#305 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

Victory! :)

GARDNER RENEWED! ALL 14 JOHN GARDNER JAMES BOND NOVELS TO BE REPRINTED

#306 Perry

Perry

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:10 AM

Wooohooo!!!! I'm getting them all!

#307 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:02 AM

Looks like we have won this little battle. Now I guess I will be up to 4 copies of all the JG books.

#308 Simg

Simg

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:20 AM

Zencat would you do me the honor of starting a new thread regarding the re-issues? I feel that I should sit on the fence a bit with this as I am so close to it all.
Big Thanks to all at CBn who have supported the call for 30th Anniversary re-issues. What you all did really helped persuade the right people to get behind it. My Father if he were still alive would be thanking you all as well.

Simon R J Gardner

#309 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:23 AM

Zencat would you do me the honor of starting a new thread regarding the re-issues? I feel that I should sit on the fence a bit with this as I am so close to it all.
Big Thanks to all at CBn who have supported the call for 30th Anniversary re-issues. What you all did really helped persuade the right people to get behind it. My Father if he were still alive would be thanking you all as well.

Simon R J Gardner

I'm sure I write for all members when I state that this is our absolute pleasure; congratulations!

Very much looking forward to reading your introduction, too.

#310 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

I'll be the first to admit - and its evidenced in this thread in my posts - that I've never been a huge fan of this idea.

However, I must conceed to Zen and those he has lead amongst CBNers, and SMG, that their amazing efforts have been rewarded. Fullest congratulations - and not a little awe ;) - in what you have achieved.

However, I note that these publishers have taken on board MY suggestion (see post #61 and elsewhere) that the finest tribute to John Gardner is the Chopping first edition cover of LR and that they are publishing this book and the next four in the original Flemingesque covers ;)

Once again, well done all. An ageing cynic - me - has been proved wrong.

#311 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

Congrats to those interested in this development.

Am I right in assuming from the above that it is This forum (and perhaps others like it) that has been integral to the republishing of these books? Or is it purely coincidental and there is some misappropriated back slapping?

Nice that the original covers are being used for the first five. How will these sit alongside paperback redesigned covers if the first five are not then included in that 'set'?

Cheers.

#312 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

Am I right in assuming from the above that it is This forum (and perhaps others like it) that has been integral to the republishing of these books? Or is it purely coincidental and there is some misappropriated back slapping?

I have no idea. It very well could be coincidental. I think any back slapping is just our pleasure in that it's going to happen.

Zencat would you do me the honor of starting a new thread regarding the re-issues?

Already started. The new thread is here. Let's move the conversation over there. :)