PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 03:25 PM

http://www.avault.co...?name=nightfire

[quote]
The James Bond franchise will mark its 40th anniversary this year with a new movie and game released simultaneously. The new Bond game - James Bond 007: NightFire - will be making its way to all next-generation console platforms as well as the PC in November. Landon Montgomery, director of the project, and Randy Pitchford of developer Gearbox Software supplied us with answers to our questions about NightFire.  

How closely has the development team been working with the studios for the upcoming Bond movie?

Montgomery: Very closely. EA and MGM have both been greatly involved in the creation of NightFire from step one. As one of the most highly recognized franchises in history, you can imagine that they're carefully protecting Bond's image.  

Pitchford: While Gearbox is the expert at developing first-person shooters, MGM really knows Bond and has to take care of him. This year marks the 40th anniversary of MGM's Bond movies! Of course, EA has their own ideas about they way certain things should be done, so it's been a collaborative effort. NightFire would've been very different if Gearbox had worked alone on the title, but I think because of the collaborative nature of its development, the result really speaks to the wide audience the game is likely to have.  

How much control does MGM have over the content that gets put into NightFire?

Montgomery: At the end of the day, it's MGM's franchise. There were a few instances where we had to pull back from what we take for granted in the gaming world, but for good reason. The franchise is well established and it's ultimately MGM

#2 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 02 November 2002 - 02:11 AM

Sounds good. But I don't hear anything about the AI, which leads me to--cynically--believe it will be no better than GoldenEye's AI. That's why I bought NOLF2, because of the excellent AI promised. When I don't hear a reassurance, and many complaints about the demo, I get nervous that NF will be another AUF.

At least the PC version will perhpas get an AI patch, but that's an awfuly large part of a game to have to patch.

#3 mkkbb

mkkbb

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 12:52 PM

GoldenEye's AI was incredible, streaks ahead for it's time, and still way better than many FPS for any platform.