Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:09 AM

Now on the CBn main page...

Posted Image
Three-time Bond director to sign his autobiography at London's Forbidden Planet on 29 April

#2 Stainless Steel Teeth INC

Stainless Steel Teeth INC

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:17 PM

It was good to catch up with some old friends and nice to see a strong turn out for this signing.

I really just wanted to say what a gentleman Lewis Gilbert was and I look forward to reading his autobiography.

He also mentioned that he was due to be interviewed on Radio 4's 'Desert Island Discs' shortly (not sure when it will be broadcast) and that there was a good chance 'Nobody Does it Better' might be chosen.

Paul.

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

He's still alive!?

I thought he'd died ages ago! Ah well, It's nice to see that he's still fit and fighting. B)

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

It was good to catch up with some old friends and nice to see a strong turn out for this signing.

I really just wanted to say what a gentleman Lewis Gilbert was and I look forward to reading his autobiography.

He also mentioned that he was due to be interviewed on Radio 4's 'Desert Island Discs' shortly (not sure when it will be broadcast) and that there was a good chance 'Nobody Does it Better' might be chosen.

Paul.

Glad to hear it was a successful turn-out. I'm definitely looking forward to picking this book up soon.

#5 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:41 AM

He's still alive!?

I thought he'd died ages ago! Ah well, It's nice to see that he's still fit and fighting. B)

He is still alive, and let's hope not reading Internet fourms. I am sure he would be mortified to read the above.

#6 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

Found this on youtube. I hope I'm not alone in wishing Gilbert had answered the question that he didn't answer!
Apologies if this has been linked before.