75 replies to this topic

#31 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

Excited now there might be more to this game than just driving. Could Bloodstone be the name of the villain?

Single compound word titles. Love 'em!

#32 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

Rumours abound that it's not just a racer - but also contains FPS or third-person elements. More on this when we get it...

I'm beginning to like the sound of this more and more!

#33 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

Rumours abound that it's not just a racer - but also contains FPS or third-person elements. More on this when we get it...

That could be a good thing or if it's poorly done a bad thing. I hope all this silence till now means they were working hard.

#34 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:39 AM

Bloodstone?

Thought it sounded a bit silly at first, but I'm quickly warming to it.

#35 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:49 AM

Now there is some much needed good news B)

#36 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:55 AM

Posted Image
First rumoured title for Activision's next 007 game hits the net

#37 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:37 AM

Driving game? I can't wait to not play this!

#38 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

Now now... don't be too hasty to judge this title. It could... COULD... really rock! It is afterall being developed by Bizarre Creations (http://www.bizarrecreations.com/) the team who has done Geometry Wars, The Club, and the Project Gotham Racing series.

So these guys definitely know racing... whether or not they know Bond is yet to be determined. Fingers crossed.

I also know first hand that they have gotten rid of Chris Lennertz as the game's composer. Only reason I know is because I approached him to work together on this project and he told me he was no longer scoring the franchise. No bueno.

Rich

#39 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

This leak reminds me of THIS ONE, which was confirmed with an official press release within two days. Maybe this means we'll see the official Bloodstone announcement sooner than later.

#40 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:17 PM

Looks like the HMV listings have now all been taken down.

Would is kill them to just let us know the title? Come on! The wait for this has been ridiculous.

#41 Dr. Metz

Dr. Metz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:22 AM

Why another racing game? The first one(which i haven't played) seemed OK, but do we really need another one? What they need to do is make the next bond game focus on stealth and not have many action-oriented levels. One of the problems i had with the QOS video game was that it was 5% stealth, 95% action.

#42 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:04 AM

That sounds better, if it's something more along the lines of Wheelman. I'm not really into pure racing games but I'd get it if it mixed driving with on-foot action.

#43 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:52 AM

I'm with you, zen. Gotta love those ridiculous compound word titles.

Until we know the context, I have to say, it sounds like this one came out of a random generator. It's fun! Try it! Noun-Adjective in any order/combination!

GoldenEye

NightFire

IceWater

ColdFinger

FastBullet

...BLOODSTONE!

#44 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

Activision has registered a Bloodstone URL

http://whois.domaint...odstonegame.com

#45 winstoninabox

winstoninabox

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

The title makes me doubt that this is just a racing game. Also Activision has Blur coming out next month. Two racing games in the one year just doesn't seem that likely to me. I suspect it will have driving elements in the game, but also some other game play style. I hope that these elements all work together.

Just no more QTEs please.

#46 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

I think this will be a larger game then racing which is good. I am bummed that Daniel Craig is not providing his voice for the game but hopefully it will be his likeness. I'm hoping bloodstone will be an amazing bond game.

#47 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

I hope the game is worthwhile. I would agree the title is pretty unusual.

DId the Quantum of Solace game do well in terms of sales?

I read several reviews that said it was just ok, however most reader reviews tended to say it was a pretty good game.

#48 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

Personally, re: QOS, I was disappointed on the initial run but in going back, found it to be pretty terrific.

#49 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

Neat title, same as a comic book series I read back in Uni. Hope this isn't just a driving game as I SUCK at driving levels in the previous Bond games.

#50 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:56 PM

Neat title, same as a comic book series I read back in Uni. Hope this isn't just a driving game as I SUCK at driving levels in the previous Bond games.

LOL. Good point! I was a pretty bad driver with the From Russia With Love game!!

Hmm..

#51 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:33 AM

I had to take EON and NightFire to my cousin (I'm 28, he's 16 years younger than me and this was a good five years ago) for him to complete the driving levels so I could save the progress on the memory card for my PS2 B)

#52 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:07 AM

LOL. Good point! I was a pretty bad driver with the From Russia With Love game!!

Hmm..

I had to take EON and NightFire to my cousin (I'm 28, he's 16 years younger than me and this was a good five years ago) for him to complete the driving levels so I could save the progress on the memory card for my PS2 B)

Personally I've always found the driving levels in the Bond games pretty easy. They are usually quite scripted so you can't deviate too far. I hope with the new one it won't be so linear of objectives.

But I can recall the days of playing video games for days and months and not finishing them. Goldeneye was one of them. Now a days you can usually rent the game and beat it before you have to give it back. I'd welcome a challenging game where I'm not on the final level in the first day of playing.

#53 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:06 PM

I also know first hand that they have gotten rid of Chris Lennertz as the game's composer. Only reason I know is because I approached him to work together on this project and he told me he was no longer scoring the franchise. No bueno.

Indeed. Lennertz soundtracks from FRWL and QOS were absolutely fantastic!!

About the game overall, I hope every vehicle has its respective gadgets. I recall that in 007 Racing every car had Oil Slick, Laser Beam, Shield, Hellfires... B) . No matter if it was a DB5, Z3, Lotus, etc.

#54 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

Awesome.

I can drive the tank ok on Goldeneye. Just not great with the motorcycle on Everything Or Nothing and the car in From Russia With Love.

: )

Edited by scaramunga, 30 April 2010 - 12:47 PM.

#55 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:39 AM

i'm hoping the game has a bit more fluidity like Splinter Cell Conviction. I loved Quantum of solace but i feel Splinter cell had a bit more mobility.

#56 00617

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

I was looking forward to this, till I found out it's a driving game.
I hope that there's more to it then just driving.
I'll still try it, but as of now, I'm not excited about it.

#57 jamie00007

jamie00007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:10 AM

I hope the rumors that it has racing as well as some first-person shooting dont pan out, its always an absolute disaster when they try to put too totally different game styles together and you get two half-assed games instead of one good one.

I still live in hope that one day we might actually get a Bond spy game.

#58 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:31 AM

I hope the rumors that it has racing as well as some first-person shooting dont pan out, its always an absolute disaster when they try to put too totally different game styles together and you get two half-assed games instead of one good one.

I still live in hope that one day we might actually get a Bond spy game.

We have: Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 and Everything or Nothing.

#59 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

Cancelled? Are they talking about Bloodstone here, or some Bond game further down the line?

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3179293

#60 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:35 PM

Cancelled? Are they talking about Bloodstone here, or some Bond game further down the line?

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3179293

Well, Raven is known for doing shooter games, and Bloodstone is supposed to be a driving-centric game, so it's possible it was a different Bond game, perhaps one intended for a 2011 release.

I guess next month's E3 will tell the tale, either there will or won't be a Bond game shown there.