15 replies to this topic

#1 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 08:27 PM

Just had word from Jerris Mungai at EA - the demo on the 30th will be the same as that that has already been released :)

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 09:16 PM

What?

#3 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 09:18 PM

Ya, I'm not following?

~LTK~

#4 flyride102

flyride102

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 03:03 AM

are you kidding me. This demo isnt bad, but is no way what i expected to be able to play. Again, i think most of these bugs are already fixed. O well, guess ill just have to wait it out till the game comes.

#5 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 04:04 AM

Did he specify if it was any different as far as stability? Maybe it's the same level, but a more recent build?

#6 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 12:31 PM

Everyone was wondering whether the demo that EA have said to be releasing on the 30th would be different...it won't be.

Not even a later build - so the things we've found wrong with it, are gonna be in the demo from EA.

#7 flyride102

flyride102

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 01:59 PM

Im sorry, but that is a bunch of bull****. I was looking forward to being able to play a better version of this one at least. I have a question. Why do videogame companies always give us bad demos, full of bigs and stuff. They want to sell the game, but the preview we always get makes us all want to puke. I guess i just dont get it, i would expect ea to give us better, but i guess not. They havent really been pumping out great games like they used to.

#8 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 02:00 PM

Tell me about it...you'd want the game to give players a good impression of the game and positive feedback to the developers...

#9 flyride102

flyride102

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 02:06 PM

I mean, that just really pisses me off you know. I want to see what the game will really be like. I dotn want to have to guess at what it might be like cause i had to play a demo of the game that was old, and had 50 bugs, and was barely playable. I dont know, but to me, that jsut doesnt sell games to well.

#10 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 02:13 PM

The demo may have tons of bugs...and is a blatent muff up to have been released with all of them in there...but...the full game won't have any of the bugs - so we'll have a good game to get into.

#11 flyride102

flyride102

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 10:27 PM

i really hope so man.

#12 FROST

FROST

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 02:37 AM

You know, I was just downloading the demo as I saw it posted over at Avault, thinking this is probably the official demo. Yay, I thought and with great anticipation, I headed over here to be knocked back into my seat and find out it's gonna be the same.

Flyrid102, I wholeheartedly agree with your statement, "it really pisses me off"....multiply that by 1000's.

It's useless to download, and I'm not taking any chances with running the release that was out a week ago....which crashed my system many times.

I'm out....will probably check back later for more inspiring news. Saddened and very disappointed...oh, and PISSED OFF!

#13 flyride102

flyride102

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 01:58 PM

Yeh i hear ya. I mean, i just really wanted to see a much better demo of this game. I read the chat they had on gamespy, and they said that the demo is like 8 weeks old, and that most of that stuff in it, has been fixed. So that is some good news.

#14 AgentM

AgentM

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 01:24 AM

Okay, everyone. I only have a 56k modem so it is not worth my time to download 150 MB of demo (and from what I'm hearing, that might be a good thing!). I don't want to start any forum battles, but I think everyone may be overacting just slightly It is only the demo. Many of these bugs will be fixed in the final game, which is now only weeks away. We've waited this long for this good of a PC Bond, let's just keeping plugging away.

#15 flyride102

flyride102

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 02:00 PM

Well for one, i do agree with you. The game will be out in like 2 adn a half weeks. But i still would have liked to play a demo that i could ACTUALLY play without all the bugs.

#16 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 03:29 AM

So not only does EA release a beta (by accident?) that makes everyone think this is another crappy Bond game, but now they actually have definite proof that the beta is thought badly of, and yet they release it again with the title 'demo' fixed on to it.

God help us all. I thought it was bad enough MGM couldn't pay enough attention to seeing that a proper Bond game is made...