10 replies to this topic

#1 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 15 July 2001 - 07:48 PM

Just put two and two together and probably made 5...

Anoyone else notice the coincidence of Championship boxer Daisy Lang being "approached" by Bond producers? Cast your mind back to January when Sky Sports' Kirsty Gallacher came out saying she might be playing a kick-boxer in the next film (she has even got time off from Sky for the filming).

So... If you igore all the name floating about, one thing seems to be common - a woman as a boxer?

Strange... Anyone else spot this?

P.S. Good to see CBN up again!

=
J

#2 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 July 2001 - 01:15 PM

Blue Eyes (20 Jul, 2001 01:19 a.m.):
Well there's another rumour of another girl who's screen tested. She's a model based in the UK named Ingrid. I can't trace the roots of the article so if anyone can offer any help please do!!

But basically you can read the story on the main page here. There's a great bio on her, sadly very little related to Bond. But I'm working on it!!

Ingrid is doing something for the game Agent Under Fire.She plays a martial arts expert in that.I know because I'll be there in Aug when she does it.
http://www.commander...stnews&page=129

#3 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 01:34 AM

Dave (15 Jul, 2001 09:59 p.m.):
I'd prefer to see a boxing Bond girl as the henchwoman, I don't like seeing Bond's girl helping with all of the fighting, a bit, but not all of it. Bond could just sit back if that was the case, whereas, if this was a henchwoman, Bond would have a good fight!

The role being cast here probably is a henchwoman. The Kirsty Gallacher article said "kick-boxing bad girl". Since Daisy is probably being looked at to fill the role first offered to Kirsty, I'd say that yes, Daisy will probably play a bad girl if cast. Also, Daniel Dykes made an interesting point- he said he though the role probably wouldn't be any bigger than the Cigar Girl in TWINE. I think he's right.

Dave E.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 26 July 2001 - 05:21 PM

James Page, I think you deserve credit here for deducing the first REAL bit of BOND 20 news... It's looking more and more like at least one of the female roles is a boxer or kick boxer. I think this will be HOT.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 10:32 AM

I made an interesting point!! :)

Anyhow, that's my opinion. From memory Gallacher said it was a fairly small role. That in mind such roles seem to go to 'nobodies' in the way of world cinema. And looking at the Cigar Girl, she is afterall a good looking model, not an actress.

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 20 July 2001 - 12:19 AM

Well there's another rumour of another girl who's screen tested. She's a model based in the UK named Ingrid. I can't trace the roots of the article so if anyone can offer any help please do!!

But basically you can read the story on the main page here. There's a great bio on her, sadly very little related to Bond. But I'm working on it!!

http://www.commander...stnews&page=129

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 July 2001 - 01:35 AM

Well then I stand corrected. I didn't know she had a role of significance in any film.

#8 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 26 July 2001 - 06:13 PM

Thanks Zencat, I just hope it is true - it would be nice to be responsible to the first piece of real news! The other thing that's also interesting, is that EON hav not denied the association with these women (unlike others previously rumoured), so who knows?!

Cheers,

#9 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 02:55 PM

Blue Eyes (16 Jul, 2001 11:32 a.m.):
I made an interesting point!! :)

Anyhow, that's my opinion. From memory Gallacher said it was a fairly small role. That in mind such roles seem to go to 'nobodies' in the way of world cinema. And looking at the Cigar Girl, she is afterall a good looking model, not an actress.

Hey...hang on Blue Eyes !...Maria Cuccinotta isn't just a model, she's a real actress. She made an acclaimed film called "IL POSTINO" (Italian for THE POST MAN). I wouldn't mind seeing her return in a future Bond.

#10 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 15 July 2001 - 08:59 PM

I'd prefer to see a boxing Bond girl as the henchwoman, I don't like seeing Bond's girl helping with all of the fighting, a bit, but not all of it. Bond could just sit back if that was the case, whereas, if this was a henchwoman, Bond would have a good fight!

#11 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 15 July 2001 - 08:53 PM

Nice observation! Hey, I'd have no problems with a boxing Bond girl. Bring it on.