#3 Forward Look

Forward Look

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • Location:Atlanta, Georgia USA - home of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:42 AM

For those of you on this forum who are still single, the best of luck to you in finding the love of your life. I have already lost one special woman to another man, so I can safely say that I feel like Bond in the literary Moonraker, where Bond loses Gala Brand to someone else and then marries him towards the end of the novel. As if losing Vesper Lynd wasn't enough, Bond encounters another desirable woman only to lose her at the end, however the relationship ends for her on a happy note. That was my own situation just before the release of QOS. As I am in my own middle age, it has been painful for me, but I believe that God will find the right woman for me, and I will marry her and live hapily ever after with her. Listen up, single people...it's still not too late...your special someone will come along.

#4 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:48 AM

I'm single, but that isn't keeping me from enjoying Valentines Day. I'm going out to dinner with a female friend...and yes, we both agreed it's not a date.

#5 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:57 AM

Patron saint of beekeeping, plague and epilepsy.

Pretty much sums up Valentine's Day - you either get stung, feel ill or start lashing out wildly.

In my experience.

#6 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:18 AM

Happy Valentines day, to all!

#7 Dell Deaton

Dell Deaton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

Married to the best Valentine I could ever imagine, wouldn't trade her for any "Bond Girl" past or present.

Best wishes for happiness to all of my friends here on CBn.

Edited by Dell Deaton, 14 February 2010 - 11:24 AM.

#8 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

Never ceases to amuse me that Valentine's Day is intended as a day of romance. Among many other things one would not really associate with romance, Valentine was beheaded. So, yeah. Celebrating the missus' birthday instead.

Happy valentine's day to whomever celebrates it, though.

#9 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

Pretty much sums up Valentine's Day - you either get stung, feel ill or start lashing out wildly.

In my experience.

You never fail to bring a tear to my eye, you sentimental old bastard! B)

#10 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

In my experience.

And I thought it was just me that felt this way this morning! B)

#11 Jose

Jose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

I'm single, but that isn't keeping me from enjoying Valentines Day. I'm going out to dinner with a female friend...and yes, we both agreed it's not a date.

If only some of my single friends had that mindset. They're quite bitter around this time of year. B)

In other countries, Valentine's day is also known as "dia del amor y amistad" day of love and friendship. Yep.

Either way, I hope everyone has a good day.

#12 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

If you are single CBn guy make sure you get out tonight! Most girls who go out tonight will be feeling down. Cheer them up!

To everyone in great relationships congrats and Happy Valentine's Day!

#13 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:29 PM

Never ceases to amuse me that Valentine's Day is intended as a day of romance. Among many other things one would not really associate with romance, Valentine was beheaded. So, yeah. Celebrating the missus' birthday instead.

I pretty much don't understand the "holiday" either. I haven't ever celebrated it, and don't ever intend to, to be quite honest.

#14 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:37 PM

I got no gripe with Valentine's Day.

#15 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:08 AM

Why thank you. I bought myself a box of Roses choccies. B)

#16 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:12 AM

If only some of my single friends had that mindset. They're quite bitter around this time of year. B)

In other countries, Valentine's day is also known as "dia del amor y amistad" day of love and friendship. Yep.

Either way, I hope everyone has a good day.

Well, my plans fell through. But since it wasn't really a date I'm not letting it bring down my day.

#17 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

My girlfriend and I watched Law & Order all day long and ordered pizza, then played BioShock 2. Best girlfriend and best Valentine's Day EVER.

#18 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:25 PM

This time of year (well, yesterday) I always like to to get out my copy of The Spy Who Came In From The Cold, which has written on the title page:

To Hugh with all my love.
Feb. 14, 1965
Frances

Spoiler

#19 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

Spoiler

Well at the end of the day, that's romance, isn't it? One day you're making love in a cheap apartment somewhere, and the next day you've got an arseload of Germans on you.

#20 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:43 AM

Well at the end of the day, that's romance, isn't it? One day you're making love in a cheap apartment somewhere, and the next day you've got an arseload of Germans on you.

Hey, if that's what you're in to.... B)

#21 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:44 AM

I'm single, and probably always will be because of my face (see the CBn Photo Thread), but I gave my mom a hug and a cookie. B)

#22 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:52 AM

Looks aren't everything, Elizabeth. There'll be someone out there for you. It's all about preference. I'll take personality over looks, any day.

So don't beat yourself up about it. No one is ugly, I bet you're beautiful to someone.

#23 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:29 AM

I'm only beautiful to people who are tired of the guy they are with (long story) B)

#24 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:07 PM

Happy Valentine!

(despite "The Bitch is Dead")

Looks aren't everything, Elizabeth. There'll be someone out there for you. It's all about preference. I'll take personality over looks, any day.

So don't beat yourself up about it. No one is ugly, I bet you're beautiful to someone.

Certainly. Many bitches made me think I'm ugly, but when I less expected, I've made out four girls and, besides having a lot of pleasure, I've proved all them dead wrong! THE BITCHES ARE DEAD! B)

#25 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:04 PM

Happy Valentine!

Certainly. Many bitches made me think I'm ugly, but when I less expected, I've made out four girls and, besides having a lot of pleasure, I've proved all them dead wrong! THE BITCHES ARE DEAD! B)

:tdown:

#26 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

Happy Valentine!

Elizabeth, don't fret my dear someone will come along one day.....when you least expect it :tdown:

well said Mharkin :)

Nicolas, have you not seen what i've wrote on your facebook photos? You are anything but ugly my dear :)

those bitches that hurt you deserve to be dead!!!!!

#27 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

Nicolas, have you not seen what i've wrote on your facebook photos? You are anything but ugly my dear :)

those bitches that hurt you deserve to be dead!!!!!

It's a lot of solace knowing that :) And believe me it was thanks to you (and some spur of the moment ocassional conquests) that I consider myself a beautiful boy. I was somewhat sure about it, but persons that treat a real gentleman like a B) made me lose my confidence, but now they're all crawling in the floor like Mr White hahaha

"The name's Suszczyk... Nicolás Suszczyk"

And yes, they're all dead for me... particulary the one that choose an insect (someone I believe who was my friend) over me. She commited suicide :tdown:

#28 agentjamesbond007

agentjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:11 AM

Sorry, I've been out for a while. B)

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody!

#29 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

Happy Valentine's day! Particulary to the ones whose armours have been stripped off. To the others, just keep a little faith and I'm sure someone will strip the armour out of you someday ;)

#30 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:03 AM

For those of you on this forum who are still single, the best of luck to you in finding the love of your life. I have already lost one special woman to another man, so I can safely say that I feel like Bond in the literary Moonraker, where Bond loses Gala Brand to someone else and then marries him towards the end of the novel. As if losing Vesper Lynd wasn't enough, Bond encounters another desirable woman only to lose her at the end, however the relationship ends for her on a happy note. That was my own situation just before the release of QOS. As I am in my own middle age, it has been painful for me, but I believe that God will find the right woman for me, and I will marry her and live hapily ever after with her. Listen up, single people...it's still not too late...your special someone will come along.

Well put; you and Nicolas. Give me hope! :D I hate being single and yet- I don't really want a relationship.

Edited by DominicGreene, 15 February 2012 - 01:04 AM.