11 replies to this topic

#1 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 09:44 PM

You can think that it is silly but there are two kinds of Bond films; one word ones like Goldeneye or Moonraker and with long ones like Die Another Day or From Russia With Love. I think it is time for Bond 21 to be a one word film like Risico.

#2 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 09:49 PM

I'd love to see Gardner's "Seafire" come to the screen;)

#3 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 10:26 PM

I've heard that Shatterhand would make a good Bond film, bu I've never read the book, so I personally don't know. I kinda like long titles, I think that Live And Let Die and The World Is Not Enough ooze quality.

#4 ray t

ray t

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 10:49 PM

my dear friend SHATTERHAND was not a book...it was blofeld's new name in the epic novel YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE.

but SHATTERHAND would make a great one word title.

also JUGGERNAUT has been bandied about by fans in these forums

how about DIAMONDHEAD or DiamondHead...but that would be dumb unless ZAO escapes and become a master villian for bond 21:D

#5 MrJango

MrJango

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 11:05 PM

one word titles are great but i wouldnt really mind wether or not bond 21 had a one word or several words for a title, as long as its a good title.

but for a one word title to work i think it should be either the name of a character who is important to the plot(GF, OP, arguably DN) or the name of an object which the plot revolves around(MR, GE).

shatterhand would make a great title, and jaggernaut i could get used to. but diamondhead, as ray points out, would be ridiciolous just after we've seen zao in the film before.

#6 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 11:24 PM

Well, I never knew that Shatterhand was not a book, thanks for the info Ray T, it saves me future embarressment:). Its just that I've head people talk of it being a great film title, I assumed it was a book:o

#7 ray t

ray t

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 12:30 AM

no problem...my pleasure:)

#8 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 12:39 AM

I wouldn't mind a Bond film one day being titled simply 007, or BOND.

#9 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 08:54 AM

i want a bond title like Octopussy- a bit humourous, a bit cheecky. i love on the Octopussy dvd documentary roger moores impression of someones shock at hearing that title, cracks me up.
with the austin powers films out, it would be difficult to come up with a suitable title that is humourous like Octopussy but still classy, but if they found the right one, id love it.

#10 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 09:27 AM

Hell's Delight for me thanks lads.

#11 Cyris

Cyris

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 09:58 AM

What's up with "Chrysalis" as a title?

#12 Zero Zero

Zero Zero

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 10:27 PM

I agree with everyone here, it's definately time to have a one word title. This also gives more freedom to the writers/producers as the title could simply be the villian's name, giving a classic link.

I think that (as YOLT said) "Risico" is a good title, as is "Shatterhand", both of which are Fleming titles. Not too sure about "Juggernaut" though, sounds a bit....