Latest 007 collection due in September 2010

#3 Attempting Re-entry

Attempting Re-entry

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:24 AM

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the update.

#4 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

I bought a copy in Waterstones, Nottingham, yesterday afternoon. Every bit as good as expected. I've also, finally, got hold of Titan's "Nightbird" collection. One query about one of the stories in there - how did Dr. No manage to emerge from all that bird dung on Crab Key to turn up on a laser armed ship two decades later?

#5 Jump James

Jump James

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:55 AM

I bought a copy in Waterstones, Nottingham, yesterday afternoon. Every bit as good as expected. I've also, finally, got hold of Titan's "Nightbird" collection. One query about one of the stories in there - how did Dr. No manage to emerge from all that bird dung on Crab Key to turn up on a laser armed ship two decades later?

Dr No has some front, I'll give him that. What story is it Guy Haines?

#6 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

If I may, I'll provide the answer. It's "Hot Shot."

#7 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

If I may, I'll provide the answer. It's "Hot Shot."

Thank you Major Tallon, indeed it is. Not only does it feature Dr. No, but also his intended target, an American politician referred to as "Mr. Secretary", and the drawing of this character makes it obvious that it is Dr. Henry Kissinger. Making him, probably, the only leading real life politician to have appeared in a James Bond cartoon strip. Another useless bit of information to store away just in case it crops up in a pub quiz. :)

#8 Dan Gale

Dan Gale

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

UK buyers can get hold of Vol 1 of this series from any "The Works" high street shops, they're the ones selling discount books and art materials etc. I picked one up for £3.99 and there were still many copies left. It is a great collection and I'm sure Vol 2 is even more interesting as the stories are mostly original.

#9 Jump James

Jump James

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

UK buyers can get hold of Vol 1 of this series from any "The Works" high street shops, they're the ones selling discount books and art materials etc. I picked one up for £3.99 and there were still many copies left. It is a great collection and I'm sure Vol 2 is even more interesting as the stories are mostly original.

A handy tip off Dan, thank you.

#10 Jump James

Jump James

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

Another edition from Titan The James Bond Omnibus Volume 003

Apparently its a bumper edition collecting the first period of Jim Lawrence's celebrated run in comic strip form. Looking forward to it. I have the other two collections from Titan which are superb.