Kieran Hebden briefly discusses his end-title track for the 22nd 007 film

#2 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

Interesting to read about how it came about. I am a fan of Crawl, End Crawl and it's amazing to think he only had one day to create it.

I think it perfectly fits the mood at the end of Quantum of Solace. Yes, we have the bombastic James Bond theme, but then we get time to reflect on Bond's emotional state at the end of the movie with this impressive string-laden electronic piece.

Good stuff..... B)

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:10 AM

Interesting to read about how it came about. I am a fan of Crawl, End Crawl and it's amazing to think he only had one day to create it.

I think it perfectly fits the mood at the end of Quantum of Solace. Yes, we have the bombastic James Bond theme, but then we get time to reflect on Bond's emotional state at the end of the movie with this impressive string-laden electronic piece.

Good stuff..... B)

Completely agreed, Dave.

#4 Genuine Felix Leiter

Genuine Felix Leiter

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:24 PM

Good stuff..... B)

Nicely said Dave. I thought it was an unusual style of track to use for the end credits, but it works brilliantly. I was dissapointed it wasn't done in time to be included on the soundtrack CD.

#5 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:06 AM

Totally agree, Dave. I was really intrigued when I first heard it playing during the credits. It just seemed like an odd choice but it also seemed to fit well at the same time. Amazing it was done in one day. Even though it isn't on the soundtrack, it was nice to see it made available to buy it from iTunes.

#6 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:49 AM

Agreed. "Crawl, End Crawl" would’ve flowed on better after “I Never Left” as there wouldn’t be a tonal change, but I like how the film ends on a high postmodern note with the gun barrrel. We get the best of both worlds.

#7 Attempting Re-entry

Attempting Re-entry

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:52 PM

Brilliant piece of music to end the movie. Utterly fantastic; it really fits the mood perfectly.

#8 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:26 AM

That tune with the very odd but stylish graphic scrolling under the credits, very nice combo IMO.

#9 bond 16.05.72

bond 16.05.72

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

Pity it can't have a 12" or 7" vinyl release, a nice piece of work.

Edited by bond 16.05.72, 15 April 2010 - 12:54 PM.