15 replies to this topic

#1 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:32 PM

Well due to 'Solace' and her brave decision, I am the holder of the next Cat Cap Con and I'm welling over with happiness. :S
Well it fills my empty days. :|

So, without further ado and failing to retrieve my dunked limp Digestive biscuit out of my mug (bugger it :tdown: ), I present the following picture for you (ladies and gentlemen) to pit your wits against and come up with the most apt and contrary of phrases :tdown: :
Posted Image
Yes there it is and of course there's even a theme running through it, (or should that be a 'stream' ??) oh well, you get the drift. :|

The winner will be the one who makes me spit out my morning java (politely of course) over my Cornflakes on the morning of the 27th (or something to that glorious effect will suffice. :S)

Any phrases NOT to do with the obvious in the picture will take even higher marks (but NOT the tiara as that has now fallen apart with too much handling. :S ).
(Is that possible, I hear you all say B) ).
"Tis", I say back. :)

Okey dokey pokey, she breakin' up Cap'n so off ye go! :)

#2 Jose

Jose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:28 AM

Posted Image
Blofeld's Cat: I changed my mind. Two years of my life, studying the film, the reports, plastic operations, voice lessons. Make it a quarter of a million or get someone else.
JJ Abrams: There is no-one else!
Blofeld's Cat: Exactly. I am Spock!

or:

Blofeld's Cat now realizes why all of SPECTRE's schemes have failed. "The presence of Bond is just a coincidence!" B)

:tdown:

#3 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:52 PM

Where are the other usual suspects? B)

#4 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

Where are the other usual suspects? B)

right here!

Posted Image

*episode ends*

Blofeld's Cat: Hey, Daddy? I thought of a new way we could stop Bond! Beam me to MI6, because there sure as hell ain't any intelligent life on THAT planet! It's so easy a cat can do it!

#5 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

Posted Image
"Go into the light, Mr. Spock!"

#6 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:57 PM

Posted Image

I don’t want to hear about SPECTRE’s shrinking budget, Blofeld. C-list villain status be damned, there’s still no excuse for watching VHS Star Trek re-runs on your parent’s basement TV.

I mean, it wasn’t that long ago that I was watching HD Japanese kitty pørn and eating my cat food off the backs of naked Geisha girls!

#7 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:50 AM

Keep 'em coming. B)

#8 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:54 PM

Posted Image

- Captain Kirk...
- Yes Mr. Spock?
- Don't look behind you, but there's a Tribble spying on us, right behind your back...

#9 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:23 AM

Posted Image

Nice try, RCA, but you'll never replace Nipper.

I'll leave my original caption for consideration, but I prefer the streamlined version.
Spoiler

#10 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:26 AM

I'm going to give this competition until Saturday 30th as I think we can squeeze a few more out of the picture. B)

It has SO much potential. :tdown:

#11 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:17 PM

Any more offers? B)

#12 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:10 AM

I will judge this this week sometime. Thursday.
Must rush.

#13 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:15 AM

Sorry for the wait folks but here are the results in reverse order (and make sure those swimsuits don't ride up as you all wait, try hairspray)...and a hearty thank you for all who entered. :tdown:
You all take home with you a DVD of The Invasion starring Craig and Kidman (they were on sale.... :D )

Honourable Mentions:
Jose:
Blofeld's Cat: I changed my mind. Two years of my life, studying the film, the reports, plastic operations, voice lessons. Make it a quarter of a million or get someone else.
JJ Abrams: There is no-one else!
Blofeld's Cat: Exactly. I am Spock!
That is illogical. :)

elisabeth:
*episode ends*
Blofeld's Cat: Hey, Daddy? I thought of a new way we could stop Bond! Beam me to MI6, because there sure as hell ain't any intelligent life on THAT planet! It's so easy a cat can do it!
Sure about that? :S

Mr Blofeld:
"Go into the light, Mr. Spock!"
I do frequently, I highly recommend it. B)

4th Place:
Kilroy 6644
Nice try, RCA, but you'll never replace Nipper.
or
I'm sorry, but a kitten watching TV just isn't as iconic as Nipper listening to a phonograph. Nice try, RCA.
Nipper has a lot to answer for. Damn dog poop behind the stereo, nice. :tdown:

3rd Place
Eric Stromberg
I don’t want to hear about SPECTRE’s shrinking budget, Blofeld. C-list villain status be damned, there’s still no excuse for watching VHS Star Trek re-runs on your parent’s basement TV.

I mean, it wasn’t that long ago that I was watching HD Japanese kitty pørn and eating my cat food off the backs of naked Geisha girls!
Well yes. Naked geisha girls. Thats all I saw of that post. :)

2nd place
Jose:
Blofeld's Cat now realizes why all of SPECTRE's schemes have failed. "The presence of Bond is just a coincidence!"
I've always thought that too. Bit like why corn and carrots always appear in vomit. :|

WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MkB
- Captain Kirk...
- Yes Mr. Spock?
- Don't look behind you, but there's a Tribble spying on us, right behind your back...

I was waiting for a Tribble mention and lo and behold, MkB delivered. I'm easy to please. :| They are always worth a mention and deserving of a win I say. Little reproducing critters that they are. :S (and what I do more often than not after a few Vodkas. ...oh hang about that's dribble...never mind :D )

Well MkB, over to you and when you open your door tomorrow, there will be a couple of packets of M&M's for your prize, one chocolate, one peanut. Yes, I spare no expense.
But one packet might be opened a bit..... :S

Over to you and over and out. :|

#14 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

Well MkB, over to you and when you open your door tomorrow, there will be a couple of packets of M&M's for your prize, one chocolate, one peanut. Yes, I spare no expense.
But one packet might be opened a bit..... :tdown:

As long as you nibble the chocolate M&M's, I don't mind! B)

Thanks for bestowing the tiara and sash to me! I hope I will come up with as good a picture as this one (really, it had an incredible potential!)

#15 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:27 AM

But one packet might be opened a bit..... :)

As long as you nibble the chocolate M&M's, I don't mind! :tdown:

Thanks for bestowing the tiara and sash to me! I hope I will come up with as good a picture as this one (really, it had an incredible potential!)

Ahem. B)
Tiara and sash has been retired (as well you know) and is now in my guest bathroom downstairs in the cupboard behind the toilet tissue. :tdown:

#16 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:30 AM

Ahem. B)
Tiara and sash has been retired (as well you know) and is now in my guest bathroom downstairs in the cupboard behind the toilet tissue. :tdown:

I don't mind, I'll make do with the peanut M&M's! :tdown: