35 replies to this topic

#31 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

It seems the idea of a Chuck movie is still somewhat alive, thanks to the Kickstarter campaign that raised the necessary funds for a Veronica Mars movie in less than 24 hours.

Zachary Levi wants 'Chuck' movie following 'Veronica Mars' Kickstarter

Hopefully Zachary Levi can get this done.  I have quite a bit of faith that the Chuck fans could raise $2M (or whatever it would take to make a Chuck movie) if they followed a similar path.  This really needs to get done so that they can leave the story at a place other than where they left it in the series finale.

#32 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

It seems the idea of a Chuck movie is still somewhat alive, thanks to the Kickstarter campaign that raised the necessary funds for a Veronica Mars movie in less than 24 hours.

Zachary Levi wants 'Chuck' movie following 'Veronica Mars' Kickstarter

Hopefully Zachary Levi can get this done.  I have quite a bit of faith that the Chuck fans could raise $2M (or whatever it would take to make a Chuck movie) if they followed a similar path.  This really needs to get done so that they can leave the story at a place other than where they left it in the series finale.

I would love a Chuck movie. That was one series that I was sad to see die. Although, I do like the way they wrapped everything up.

#33 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

I do like the way they wrapped everything up.

Can't say that I agree with you on that.  

I found the ending of the series to be a complete betrayal of everything that had happened up to that point.  It, in my mind, betrayed the both the concept of the series as well as it's overall tone.  It also completely betrayed the character development that we had seen from the beginning up until the final 2-3 episodes.  The show had always been about family, yet Chuck's family abandoned him at the last moment.  The show was always lighthearted, yet they forced a heavily dramatic and sad ending onto the end of the series.  The show had been, since very early in Season 1, about the relationship between Chuck and Sarah, and yet they threw that out the window at the last moment.  It's okay to test that relationship in the buildup to the finale, but to completely strip it away and, as a result, make everything that had happened in the 90 episodes leading up to the finale not matter was 100% the wrong creative decision, IMO.

#34 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'm behind on Chuck by about a season but would love to catch up (just don't have time for TV). But I saw this...

Chuck-Season-5-Poster.jpg

And couldn't help but think how much it looked like this...

quantum-solace-intl.jpg

Nice catch. Also:

Chuck_Season_2_DVD-Zachary_Levi.jpg

for_your_eyes_only_ver3_xlg.jpg

Does anybody know how to low the size of the pictures?

Edited by Walecs, 15 March 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#35 lechero

lechero

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Speaking of Chuck, why is there still no HBO/Showtime/FX- show that gets Timothy Dalton on a regular cast somewhere!?

#36 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

Just letting everyone know that the entire series of Chuck is now available on Netflix Instant streaming.