This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What is your favorite weapon in the demo?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Styles

Styles

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 04:15 AM

I really like the SIG-551 assault rifle (I have no idea what it'll be renamed in the game) with the laser sight and scope. Good for medium- and close-range engagements. I also had some fun with the game's Desert Eagle and Ruger MP9 (both of which are found in hidden weapon stashes). The P99 is really poor, though. What do you think?

#2 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 03:54 PM

Does the P99 (or any 'normal' pistol kill with one shot to the chest/head? If not, the game has unfortunatly followed so many other games into unrealism. In other words, Bond should only need a Beretta to kill (but I'd like to see the Ruger Blackhawk Gardner talks so much about because I want to send guys flying across the room).

#3 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 05:42 PM

Sometimes the P99 is one hit kill in the head.

I'm a big fan of the AWP-rip from Counter-Strike. The sniper rifle for all of the non-Counterstrike players.

~LTK~

#4 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 06:02 PM

Yeah, the 4 or 5 shot trick is disappointing. The odd 2 should be enough...

#5 Styles

Styles

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 11:57 PM

The P99 is a bit odd. I noticed that it can take 2-3 headshots to kill enemies when the suppressor isn't attached, but when the suppressor is attached, it only takes one headshot to kill them. That's odd, because (1.) It should be that only one headshot is needed, no matter what gun you're using, and (2.) The P99 should be LESS powerful, not more powerful, when the suppressor is on.

The P99 isn't much use in this level of the demo, though I imagine you'll be using it more in earlier missions. I used the P99 once - to kill the guy who comes through the glass at the beginning - and that was it. I relied on the heavier assault weapons for the rest of the demo afterwards.

#6 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 02:24 PM

These faults have to have been noticed by Gearbox, they're just so god damn obvious to anyone!

#7 jokemaster

jokemaster

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 04:36 PM

my favorite weapon was the shotgun and the SIG-551 assault rifle, the P99 is really poor, i only used it on the first enemy, though it will probably be a main weapon in the stealth levels

#8 JFM007

JFM007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 05:22 PM

If you look at this picture:

http://nightfire.com...g&img=16&tt=img

... this is the same level of the demo. You can find one weapon in a weapon box but the other one, where it is :)?

#9 Styles

Styles

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 06:51 PM

Originally posted by JFM007
If you look at this picture:

http://nightfire.com...g&img=16&tt=img

... this is the same level of the demo. You can find one weapon in a weapon box but the other one, where it is :)?

The weapon in that picture is the Ruger MP9 submachine gun, which they call the Storm M9-32.

The Desert Eagle can be found in another weapons box. At the beginning of the game, instead of going through the door where the first thug comes in, go right towards another door. You'll have to put up with a level-loading pause, but then you'll be in a small area where you'll see a trunk that you can break into to get the gun.

#10 JFM007

JFM007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 01:09 AM

I already know about the Desert Eagle. I just want to know where to find the second Storm M9-32.

#11 flyride102

flyride102

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 01:31 AM

Yeh i wouldnt mind knowing where the second storm is either. I like all the guns to tell you the truth. But i still like the walther the best.