http://hmssweblog.wo...ving-daylights/

#2 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:21 AM

Not sure who wrote these presskit pieces, but they are wrong if he is talking about either the US or UK presskits.

Since he is talking about the NSNA cover, I am assuming US kits.

I have both kits for NSNA and TLD, and both have substantially more stills than the quoted one or two. Without referring to my collection, from memory I think there are something like around 14 to 20 in each.

#3 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:39 AM

Not sure who wrote these presskit pieces, but they are wrong if he is talking about either the US or UK presskits.

I have both kits for NSNA and TLD, and both have substantially more stills than the quoted one or two. Without referring to my collection, from memory I think there are something like around 14 to 20 in each.

I have those press kits as well and can verify that mine had about 20 or more in NSNA and 12 or more in the TLD. Too lazy to go out and check at the moment. Christmas will do that to you.

#4 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

I have those press kits as well and can verify that mine had about 20 or more in NSNA and 12 or more in the TLD. Too lazy to go out and check at the moment. Christmas will do that to you.

The press kits, as described, were sent to separate U.S. newspapers in 1983 and 1987 and were given to me, with all materials present.

#5 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

Ok - perhaps the description needs to be re-thought as quite clearly, it appears you have been given a cut down version of these kits across the board.

All my US kits have stills numbered 1 through to whatever number they completed at. None of them had just three stills.

I can give you a rundown of what I have when I get back home, if wished.

I just think it is misleading to state that the kit Only came with a number (of 3) if there is indication elsewhere to suggest otherwise. Especially if you are looking to provide the definitive descriptions.

Just an opinion.