1 reply to this topic

#1 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 02:15 PM

I just bought the latest PC Gamer and the demo disks have the single player Nightfire demo on them.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that my computer won't play any game made after 1998 (despite being bought in 2000), I can't report if the demo is any good or not.

I thought somebody with a higher spec PC might want to check it out.

#2 Brad Tirpitz

Brad Tirpitz

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 05:16 PM

I've played the PC Gamer demo.

Its a mission based in Japan. I think its mission three. Bond visits a contact whose residence is then invade by the villain Drake's henchmen.

The mission is effectively in two parts, you first have to get Bond's contact to a safe secret room in the building and then second, you have to destroy a computer that has secret files on it and rescue the contact's servants, who are all busty women - of course.

As other threads have said the graphics are great but choppy for some reason at 1280x780 and 1280x1024. Bond's voice is ****, the AI is appalling, and it takes a long time to load saved games and different parts of the level.

The weapons available include, Walther PPK with silencer option, automatic weapon with sights option, sniper rifle, and shotgun. Gadgets include watch with laser, lockpick that gives off electric shock, a mobile/cell phone that does the same, glasses that have various vision modes (including x-ray for finding secret rooms) and a pen that fires darts.

Overall apart from the criticisms above the game is looking great and assuming they have time to tweak it before release its bound to challenge the N64's Goldeneye as the best Bond game yet.