7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeao007

Jeao007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:07 PM

For the past four or five years or so, it's been a tradition in my house to watch OHMSS on Christmas eve night. Does anyone else here on CBn partake in the same yearly ritual?

#2 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

Not exactly Christmas Eve nor is it limited to watching OHMSS, but I tend to return to either book or film around this time of the year. Even last year's Christmas fanfic was kind of an epilogue to OHMSS. It's hard to avoid such powerful material when it's so embedded into the season.

#3 BryanHerbert

BryanHerbert

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:48 PM

Well for me, I watch all of the bond films starting on the 3rd this year because there are 22 movies, so basically i watch one movie every night all the way to Christmas day!!!

#4 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:06 PM

For the past four or five years or so, it's been a tradition in my house to watch OHMSS on Christmas eve night. Does anyone else here on CBn partake in the same yearly ritual?

Perhaps I'll do, but not at the night of the 24. My family won't like me to start Bonding (and make each other) Bond that day.

#5 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

I'll probably watch it and I may reread On Her Majesty's Secret Service for my next book.

#6 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

I'll probably watch it and I may reread On Her Majesty's Secret Service for my next book.

#7 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:53 PM

As I've already posted on other threads, I make a big deal out of watching OHMSS once a year in December - with caviar, champagne and assorted tid-bits. The big night was Friday just past - the first time I've watched the Ultimate DVD version, and on a 32" widescreen. (Heaven...definitely Heaven!)

I also save DAF and TMWTGG to watch in December, but without so much pomp (I watched those last week). Other movies I like to watch at Christmas are NSNA and Where Eagles Dare (the latter may not be Bond, but it's a hell of a good movie, especially on widescreen).

I used to read CR, MR, OHMSS and YOLT every December too, but I don't have time for that any more (although I may listen to Rufus Sewell read for me this year). I have so many other personal Christmas traditions that I try to get all this out of the way early on so that it doesn't conflict with any other activities closer to the day. A couple of years ago I was alone on Christmas Eve, so I watched YOLT, but I didn't enjoy it so much then. My life if fuller now - I prefer to dress up and go out with my lady and do something Bondlike over staying home and watching someone else enjoy himself (I feel the same way about pørn).

So dress up as best you can and go out for dinner - even if it's only pizza and Zinfandel - and live large. Like it says on the Bondlifestyles website, 'you only live once - live like BOND.'

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:59 PM

Not exactly Christmas Eve nor is it limited to watching OHMSS, but I tend to return to either book or film around this time of the year. Even last year's Christmas fanfic was kind of an epilogue to OHMSS. It's hard to avoid such powerful material when it's so embedded into the season.

Same for me. I try to catch On Her Majesty’s Secret Service at least once sometime during December.