#1 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

http://www.thisislon...as-auction09.do

Want your picture taken with Daniel Craig, an art lesson with Tracey Emin, or a meal cooked in your home by Gordon Ramsay? They are all prizes in our auction, and the proceeds will help deprived children

They are the kind of experiences money can't usually buy - but the money you bid for the lots below in the Evening Standard's Christmas Charity Auction will make a real difference to the underprivileged children helped by pioneering charity Kids Company.

You have until noon on Monday 14 December to bid and re-bid. The higher you go, the better your chance, and the more you benefit Kids Company.

The Top 25 auctions:

Lot 1: A picture of you with Daniel Craig taken by Sam Taylor-Wood
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MESCX:IT
Lot 2: A Pint with Guy Ritchie
Lot 3: An art lesson with Tracey Emin
Lot 4: Watch Test cricket at Lord's the Five way
Lot 5: A chance for a child to be the Wasps rugby team mascot
Lot 6: Spend a day with Spurs
Lot 7: See lambs born at Sting and Trudie Styler's country house
Lot 8: Working Title could make you and/or your child a star
Lot 9: Arrive at work in a Rolls... driven by Rowan Atkinson
Lot 10: Dinner for 12 cooked by Gordon Ramsay
Lot 11: A tour of the Roald Dahl museum with his grand-daughter
Lot 12: Spend the day with Sir Richard Branson
Lot 13: A round of golf on a new course with our City editor More info | Bid now
Lot 14: Dinner for six cooked by Pierre Koffman
Lot 15: Artworks from the original young guns of British art
Lot 16: Access all areas for Topshop at London Fashion Week
Lot 17: Go behind the scenes at Michelin-starred Locanda Locatelli
Lot 18: Meet Jonathan Ross, his guests, and his house band
Lot 19: Trip down the red carpet in a Marchesa gown
Lot 20: Meet Bob Geldof, the man behind Live Aid
Lot 21: A work by Britain's leading microsculptor - small is beautiful
Lot 22: Tea with the Duchess of York
Lot 23: An exclusive trip to Louis Vuitton's headquarters in France
Lot 24: A room in your house designed by Nina Campbell
Lot 25: Six weeks of work experience with the leading lights of the fashion world

There are 75 other packages (click on link above)but I wasn't going to print them but some are very interesting and most of them start at £5000.00.

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:46 AM

Now on the CBn main page...

Posted Image
London Evening Standard's 2009 Christmas Charity Auction

#3 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:29 AM

Sold!

http://www.thisislon...pound-240000.do

Top 10 lots in our Christmas auction

* Dinner for 12 cooked by Gordon Ramsay £14,600
* Artwork by Britain's leading microsculptor Willard Wigan £14,200
* Day with Sir Richard Branson £14,000
* Photo with Daniel Craig taken by Sam Taylor-Wood (pictured) £12,100
* Part in Working Title film £9,100
* Strictly Come Dancing tickets £8,100
* Work Experience at the Standard £7,153
* Tea with Sir Elton John £5,600
* Dinner cooked by Pierre Koffman £5,600
* Island Records work experience £5,450

BTW, the winning bidder is NOT me. B)

#4 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:41 AM

Gosh, more than 12000 quid for a photo... The man has real fans!

I like the idea of microsculpture in the eye of a needle. I've always had a soft spot for miniaturization!

But seriously, if some here would have been interested in a photo shoot with DC, I'd be curious to know what kind of settings you'd asked: how would you like DC to dress (dinner jacket? tactical gear? blue trunks? etc.)? How would you dress yourself?

#5 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:44 AM

Gosh, more than 12000 quid for a photo... The man has real fans!

I like the idea of microsculpture in the eye of a needle. I've always had a soft spot for miniaturization!

But seriously, if some here would have been interested in a photo shoot with DC, I'd be curious to know what kind of settings you'd asked: how would you like DC to dress (dinner jacket? tactical gear? blue trunks? etc.)? How would you dress yourself?

I have a feeling Sam Taylor Wood will meet the winner beforehand and will work out the "mood" of the picture from there (in accordance with Daniel).
It's all dependent on whether male/female, age appropriateness, etc etc, I'm sure.

I mean could be a young girl, young guy, a woman in her 80's or a man with a wooden leg and one eye. Know what I mean? B)

#6 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:59 AM

I mean could be a young girl, young guy, a woman in her 80's or a man with a wooden leg and one eye. Know what I mean? :tdown:

Eh, if I were an 80 year old woman with a wooden leg, and if I had paid £12000 for a photo shoot with DC, I can assure you I'd make sure to get my money's worth at least one last time! I'm pretty sure I'd go for "blue trunks" for Bond and a Honey Ryder outfit for myself, no matter what Sam Taylor Wood would think and how many techies would faint during the shoot! B)

#7 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:18 AM

I mean could be a young girl, young guy, a woman in her 80's or a man with a wooden leg and one eye. Know what I mean? :)

Eh, if I were an 80 year old woman with a wooden leg, and if I had paid £12000 for a photo shoot with DC, I can assure you I'd make sure to get my money's worth at least one last time! I'm pretty sure I'd go for "blue trunks" for Bond and a Honey Ryder outfit for myself, no matter what Sam Taylor Wood would think and how many techies would faint during the shoot! B)

Well, I would ask for a bar scene. Craig leaning on a counter - moody and morose, me having mixed him a chocolate martini and it leaving a rim mark on his mouth. :tdown: Me standing there, hands on the counter with bar towel draped over one shoulder. Me looking at him, Craig staring off into the distance.

Yes, I know, I have to really let that one go. :tdown: Bollocks.

#8 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:22 AM

Well, I would ask for a bar scene. Craig leaning on a counter, me having mixed him a chocolate martini and it leaving a rim mark on his mouth. :tdown: Me standing there, hands on the counter with bar towel draped over one shoulder. Me looking at him, Craig staring off into the distance.

Yes, I know, I have to really let that one go. :)

Thanks for sharing the dream, danslittlefinger! :tdown:
BTW... a chocolate martini??? B)

#9 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:24 AM

Well, I would ask for a bar scene. Craig leaning on a counter, me having mixed him a chocolate martini and it leaving a rim mark on his mouth. :) Me standing there, hands on the counter with bar towel draped over one shoulder. Me looking at him, Craig staring off into the distance.

Yes, I know, I have to really let that one go. :S

Thanks for sharing the dream, danslittlefinger! :)
BTW... a chocolate martini??? :tdown:

I know, haven't thought about it much have I? B)

Oh yes that or something with blackcurrent in. :S Never fails. :tdown:

Hey just thought of another. :|
Him standing by my car in a car park and in mid flow of throwing my car keys over his shoulder.
I would be a just a passer by, Craig paying me no heed.

#10 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:38 AM

Ah nice! B)

OK, my turn then I guess:
Me: trying to figure something out of a microfilm roll, in a very dark room with the help of a dim lamp (yes, I find microfilm rolls have a delicious old-fashioned cold-war feel :tdown:)
DC: behind me, a dark figure emerging out of the darkness, only the blue eyes catching the light, and pointing the muzzle of a silenced PPK at my neck :tdown:

#11 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:45 AM

Ah nice! B)

OK, my turn then I guess:
Me: trying to figure something out of a microfilm roll, in a very dark room with the help of a dim lamp (yes, I find microfilm rolls have a delicious old-fashioned cold-war feel :))
DC: behind me, a dark figure emerging out of the darkness, only the blue eyes catching the light, and pointing the muzzle of a silenced PPK at my neck :S

Nice one! :tdown:
There are so many possibilites aren't there? :S

Maybe me standing on the beach with a nicer set of Speedos on and Craig taking a look at his own shortcomings, might be the ultimate. :tdown:
(Yes Sam would have to do a major bit of photoshopping but I'll go along with it :) ).

#12 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:53 AM

There are so many possibilites aren't there? B)

Yes, but to be perfectly honest, I'd probably never dare to do such a thing... The bare thought of the total awkwardness of finding myself in the middle of a photo shoot (and not being a professional) gives me the creeps :tdown:

#13 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:58 AM

There are so many possibilites aren't there? :tdown:

Yes, but to be perfectly honest, I'd probably never dare to do such a thing... The bare thought of the total awkwardness of finding myself in the middle of a photo shoot (and not being a professional) gives me the creeps :tdown:

Me too. I would allow him to have prime position and me doing something random in the misty background.

Oh well. B)