2 replies to this topic

#1 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:48 PM

I Always wanted to play texas hold em (perhaps as a sweet DLC for the next bond game or perhaops even a mini game) as Daniel Craig's 007 I'm curious to see if I;'m the only one of if others want to play cards as Bond.

#2 Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:37 AM

I Always wanted to play texas hold em (perhaps as a sweet DLC for the next bond game or perhaops even a mini game) as Daniel Craig's 007 I'm curious to see if I;'m the only one of if others want to play cards as Bond.

In short - oh God no. Every time they've stuck a card game into a Bond video game, the game's momentum slows down to crawl. Now, if somebody did the Texas Hold-Em Poker equivalent of Zen Pinball on the PS3, with various special tables, decks and other layout stuff as package deal DLC (like the Street Fighter Pack and the Ninja Gaiden pack for Zen Pinball), I'd consider buying a reasonably priced James Bond pack (with a special Bond deck, Bond themed avatars, and maybe Bond themed poker table or similar layout).

#3 agentjamesbond007

agentjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

For me, it actually depends on the rules.

If it's as easy as BlackJack like in The World Is Not Enough (PSX), it might work out.

But if it has complicated rules that will take days to master, it might be a hassle and cause frustration to get past that part in a Bond game