• PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:08 PM

James Bond star considered for two new films

http://www.empireonl...d.asp?NID=25767

08 September 2009
Hillcoat and Penhall Announce Projects
Both to link up with Daniel Craig

Fresh from The Road's glowing reception at Telluride, there was more good news for director John Hillcoat and his post-apocalyptic screenwriter Joe Penhall, who have both confirmed enough new projects to form a very long pipeline indeed.

Variety reports that Hillcoat is in talks to direct an adaptation of Nick Cave's novel The Death Of Bunny Munro, about a travelling salesman in search of a soul. Like The Road, it'll be a roadtrip but, if it mirrors the book, one that swaps the bleached landscapes of America for the south coast of England. With its hearty dose of black humour, it's an intriguing departure for Hillcoat who's been tackling fairly dark material lately. Like the end of mankind.

Hillcoat has, of course, worked with Cave before. The two Australians collaborated closely on The Proposition, which was written and scored by Cave, and the Hillcoat directed Bad Seeds film Babe, I'm On Fire.

The director is also in talks with Daniel Craig to direct another, so-far unspecified project. Craig, meanwhile, will reunite with Joe Penhall for a remake of French heist thriller La Bonne Année. The two previously worked together on Enduring Love and Some Voices.

Penhall is presumably a man used to going without sleep - he'll also be adapting Patricia Highsmith's novel Deep Water which has Mike Nichols attached to direct. There's also talk of another collaboration with Hillcoat, who is planning to bring Penhall's stage play Landscape With Weapons to the big screen. Better get busy Joe...

(Please, not a Thomas Crown..make La Bonne Annee something different) B)

#2 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:40 AM

Both sound interesting - if I had to choose one though, I would go with the "robber goes to Cannes" though. Chance for a tux B)

#3 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:41 AM

Both sound interesting - if I had to choose one though, I would go with the "robber goes to Cannes" though. Chance for a tux B)

#4 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:42 AM

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:09 AM

James Bond star considered for two new films

#6 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:55 AM

Even though I'm critical about English-language remakes of foreign films, I love heist movies. Hope they keep it located on the Cote d' Azur.

#7 Jose

Jose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:50 AM

Craig in a heist movie would be great!
Personally, I'd like to see him in a comedy.

#8 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:29 AM

Apparently old DC is being lined up to play Steve McQueen in a biography about him. Should be good!

#9 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:01 PM

Apparently old DC is being lined up to play Steve McQueen in a biography about him. Should be good!

Do you have any "new" news on that? As it is old by now and seemed to have been dissed. Last in the talk was Brad Pitt B) I think DC would be perfect and the closest look wise. Whether anybody outside the US would be interested is another story.

#10 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

Do you have any "new" news on that? As it is old by now and seemed to have been dissed. Last in the talk was Brad Pitt B) I think DC would be perfect and the closest look wise. Whether anybody outside the US would be interested is another story.

Afraid I don't Germamlady, only that on Sky News about three weeks ago, their film critic mused that DC was still in the running for the role, but no confirmation or further information. DC would certainly fit the role and would (no disrespect intended) do a better job than Brad Pitt (although Pitt can certainly act).

#11 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:53 PM

There will be a lot of projects that Daniel Craig has his thumbprints on - and not everyone will have a clue about them until official news is announced. And that won't be gleaned I'm afraid from the internet or fan sites.

#12 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:56 PM

I think we'll live.

#13 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:12 AM

There will be a lot of projects that Daniel Craig has his thumbprints on - and not everyone will have a clue about them until official news is announced. And that won't be gleaned I'm afraid from the internet or fan sites.

You make me sometimes wonder, if you feel, everybody should just shut up and wait until you spill the news of whatever, because coming from you, they will be a fact.

Even though, what you say is right, the way you write it down, very often doesn´t feel too polite or necessary in the first place. Think about it..

#14 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

You make me sometimes wonder, if you feel, everybody should just shut up and wait until you spill the news of whatever, because coming from you, they will be a fact.

Even though, what you say is right, the way you write it down, very often doesn´t feel too polite or necessary in the first place. Think about it..

Sorry, but I don't see any problem with the post of mine that you chose to respond to. I will not spill news about anything nor am I wanting to. I was merely highlighting how the real machinations of the TV and film industries are usually very unconnected to what discussion forums debate.

As ever, there is no intent of rudeness or superiority in Zorin Industries attempts at a reality check from time to time.

#15 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:10 PM

Sorry, but I don't see any problem with the post of mine that you chose to respond to. I will not spill news about anything nor am I wanting to. I was merely highlighting how the real machinations of the TV and film industries are usually very unconnected to what discussion forums debate.

As ever, there is no intent of rudeness or superiority in Zorin Industries attempts at a reality check from time to time.

Exactly - reality check. Why is it always you, who feels the need to make others notice, that their post aren´t close enough to reality. And please be aware, that most of us know, that we are discussing stuff and not trying to be the New York Times. If forums are not allowed to do that, what is their use in the first place?
I know, you are a respected member of this forum, but even those might have to think about their ways from time to time.

Edited by Germanlady, 05 November 2009 - 12:12 PM.